Strange lumps and flu jab!.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Strange lumps and flu jab!.

Postby djclall » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi everyone :wave:

Hope you are all keeping as warm as possible?. I know i am. My word the amount of layers of clothes i wear just to go to the doctors is laughable. As i found out yesterday. Went to see my GP with a list of different ailments (which he read with a "Mmmmm" after reading each one ) :-? and wanted straight and honest answers and not the usual "it's fibro related" answer that we all seem to get at times!. :-x Anyway one of my worries is that i have had strange pea sized hard lumps just under my rib cage on right hand side. I have had an ultra sound and the consultant said "nothing to worry about". :-? That was last year and they are still there and seem to be getting more visible and slightly larger. GP had a feel and concluded just lumps of gristle. So prescribed ' Fenbid Forte 10% Gel to rub into sore areas 3 times a day. The next strange 'lump' is under my right arm close to my breast. It is more squidgy than hard but never the less still painful and sends shooting pains from the lump to my elbow. Also is very uncomfortable when wearing a bra or holding my arm to my side. So he checked under my arm and around my breast (so glad that my sis in law was with me as i struggled to get my jumper off and my GP is male!). He diagnosed 'mastitus' and prescribed antibiotics for that. But not sure what 'mastitus' ,or however you spell it, is. So need to research. I also have strange squidgy lumps inbetween my collar bone, again on the right side. Again use the Gel.

I then asked if i needed to have the flu jab?. GP told me that as i have fibro it sort of keeps the flu away!. Not sure how this works though or if he was right. :-? So has anyone else had, been offered or asked for the flu jab? I am not sure whether to ask another GP at the practice for a 2nd opinion.I do have an appointment on Friday with the Gynaecologist GP for another health issue and was thinking off asking her advice. Does anyone think this is a good idea?. I really don't know what to do for the best :-?

I would be very grateful if anyone can enlighten me with regards to the above issues please.
Soft hugs to all and keep warm. xx
djclall
UKFM Member

Re: Strange lumps and flu jab!.

Postby Garyl » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:19 pm

I have had flu jab for years now i reccomend it to anyone who can get it as better then getting the Flu. As for the little lumps i have had them for 30 + years nothing to worry about according to my GP called Nuerofibromas. I have had a coupl taken away due to where they were like on my leg where it hits the edge of chair. As long as they do not get bigger no need to worry
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:12 pm

There is nothing wrong with asking for a second opinion, I have the hard lumps as well and have been told they are nothing to worry about, but if you are still worried then a second opinion might put your mind at rest.

I have the flu jab because I have diabetes but I have never heard of fibro keeping a virus at bay :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: dont think that makes any sense :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: hope your next appointment goes well :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dejay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 am

I have the flu jab every year, because of my age, but I think I would still try and have it , it has helped me to ward off having flu, so I hope any one with ongoing illness would ask there dr for it,I think people over 65 have it as I do, lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby Genie65 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:17 pm

The osteopath I see regularly reckons that the lumps I have on legs and upper arms are not trigger points as they are not in the place where trigger points occur. As they are on the thigh with some smaller lumps around the knee and upper arm I tend towards the lipoedema diagnosis. I just wondered if anyone has this with fibromyalgia. I have had systemic lupus diagnosed way back in 1998 which is now quiet according to blood tests. Seems as if these symptoms may ask be connected but no way to be certain. How I wish the media could come up with something positive instead of saying everything is "fibro related"'
Genie65
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication