[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Acupan. Nefopam ?

Acupan. Nefopam ?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Acupan. Nefopam ?

Postby TATT » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Anyone taking this pain killer, if so how do you use it and does it help ?

TATT
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Acupan. Nefopam ?

Postby cozza50 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi i am on these i find them better then tramadol i take 1 X 3 times a day
i take them with my gaperpentin i find them ok but every on is diffrent :-) I do notice if i dont take them so hope they work for u x
cozza50
UKFM Member

Postby DRM » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Hiya I take this along with cymbal ta & like it. I take it 3 times a day, one or two depending on pain levels. Only side effects I get is mild constipation, but think that is common with most meds of this type. Hope it works out for you
DRM
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you for the replies, I was told by doctor to take as needed, but on box it's 3 3 times a day.

So I called pharmacist who also said can take when I need them, they do not need to be built up in the body. Also they are not addictive, but oh yes that's what they said when I started tramadol and my lord are they wrong. Apparently this is a new drug I don't know all the jargon but it's still patented by the manufacturer ( I think that sounds odd )

Anyway fairly new drug so I am a little wary, I am using Butrans patch as I have before to come off tramadol with the Acupan as an add on.

Any problems I will let you know

TATT x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby lauramath » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 am

Hi there, I take acupan too. I take it with co-codamol and it does help relieve pain but seems to become less effective with time. I am looking into switching to something else for a while to get over the resistance I built up to it because for nearly a year it has been decent.
lauramath
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:18 am

Nefopam was developed in the 1960s, however it's patent wasn't filed until 2004, and not issued until September 2009. It is used for the relief of moderate to severe pain as an alternative to opioids. How it works is not fully understood, altho it is thought that part of how it works relates to the inhibition of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline reuptake.

They form part of my cocktail, and have done for at least a couple of years. I can't say how effective they are on pain levels as it's the cocktail as a whole that takes the edge of things, but since being on them, they have helped make a massive difference to my migraines.

I've personally find them more effective when taken continuously rather than as and when, and I split them into 4 doses per day (GP knows and the initial suggestion came from him) as there are times in the day, such as when I'm being walked by the doglet, where I need a bit more relief compared to others.

I've not had any real problems with side effects with them, and whilst there is a possibility of dependency problems/abuse, just as there is with all meds, the likelihood of it happening with Nefopam does seem to be much lower compared to other meds.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TATT » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Thank you FP,

Very informative as usual. X
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Fluppy has pretty much covered it all, i agree with her,it needs to be taken regular thoughout day,and iuse it with a cocktail of drugs,so im not sure the effect,think is helps take the edge of the pain especially like fluppy when i too get walked by doglets. The only side effect for me is it does make me feel a bit sickly at times,but its worth trying x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication