[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Duloxetine

Duloxetine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Duloxetine

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Well dr has change me to this med I no a few ppl no it under another name ,can't remember it atm, I'm on 30mg and 20 of my old ones for a month so I bet I'm tired but if it stops me feel like this il try it.as I'm meant to take them same time I'm thinking of taking them at night instead of morning so if it does make me tried it might help me sleep. Anyone else taken this and did it make u tired. And yes I no everyone is different I'm just after a general idea xxxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Duloxetine

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Moved you into here PP with you posting about Duloxetine. Cymbalta is another name for it that sometimes pops up on here, and there are several others tht it is known under, depending on where in the world it is being used.

It's not a med I've tried yet, so no advice from me about it I'm afraid :( :( :( I may be able to help with another part of your query tho.......the taking them at night part.

I'm on 2 different anti~d's to you, and take them a night rather than during the day as they make me very zombified. I started doing this as I found sleeping thru any side effects a far easier option compared to trying to contend with them during the day. I'd still wake up occasionally, but with the extra grogginess they caused with being new, going back to sleep was considerably quicker and easier.

It's something I still do today, and whilst I'm on anti~ds, will carry on doing as it certainly helps me manage things a little more effectively. My GP knows how I take them, and his thoughts are that I'm the one who knows what my body needs and what suits it, so I should go with that.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby DRM » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:21 pm

I've been taking this for over a year & noticed the benefit immediately. I take it after dinner & find it doesn't make me tired (or should say more tired!) good luck. Hope it works for you
DRM
UKFM Member

Postby nkats mum » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:34 pm

I've been on duloxetine for over a year now and I now take 30mg mornings and 60mgs nights. It doesn't make me feel anymore tired than normal but I don't feel it helps me, I do have alot of other medical problems tho.. The name that others may know it as could by Cymbalta hope it keeps working for you :)
nkats mum
UKFM Member

Postby fruitloop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:25 am

Hi, Ive been taking 60mg each night for around 3years now. At first I really noticed the improvement in my brain fog during the day thanks to the impact it had on my sleep at night. These days the impact isn't quite so clear to me- unless I forget to take it. The side effects of missing a does for me are awful so I am very careful about arranging my repeats these days! What other med are you taking it with? Maybe its a combination I could look into.x
fruitloop
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:34 am

Hello, I have used Duloxetine for a few months and it was one of the fee medicines that actually helped, necause of neurological issues I was told to stop taking them. I have to warn you that this is an extreamly difficult drug to come off, the GP had no idea what to do with the withdrawls and I was suicidal for weeks, was put on Proxac to try and level it out but it was by far one if the worst experiences of my life. The drug companies have no advice in safely coming off these drugs. Please do your own research into this drug and the withdrawls coming off it, they are trying to ban this drug in the US.
It is a real shame as this drug worked for me.

Good luck and always research the mediation you take, especially what happens when you need to stop taking them.

X mass hugs Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 pm

I've been on duloxatine for 4 years now, I take 60mg in the morning as I find taking any at night makes my insomnia worse. I was prescribed it at first for just depression but as I was already on them and stable they only tried introducing them at 30mg in the evening when I was diagnosed with fibro but took me off them as I didn't sleep at all when taking the evening dose

BB Helen xx
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Well I only started last night ,but I was wake awake lol,I felt rough coming off amitripoline so I think there about the same ,but then I just stopped them dead, I no I have to give these a try can't base anything on one night, but I thought it would knock me off my feet and in a way I'm glad it didn't. Xxx
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 am

I've just got back from the Drs with these to try. I have been told to take them at night for the first few days to see how I get on with them. If they make my insomnia worse I can switch to mornings and see if that's the better option. I just really hope they work. Morphine doesn't touch the pain at all.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Update, I have stopped taking them I was nt well on them, and I did a lot of reading up and they sound very very nasty to come off,so il think ill stick to amitripoline x
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I took my first one last night. Woke up this morning and felt really strange. I laid in bed for a few minutes trying to figure out why I felt so different. I slowly realised that I wasn't hurting, AT ALL. I didn't have the usual stiffness or burning or the extreme agony I usually have. I really haven't felt this good in years. Upon getting up I felt dizzy and very heavy and little energy but no pain.

I haven't done anything today as I don't want to risk it yet. I shall be taking baby steps. For all I know it could be a one off and tomorrow I will be back to more pain. I really can't believe that just one dose can make a huge difference. I had some break through pain on and off the day but I took some tramadol and managed to keep the pain in check.

I feel loose like I'm the tin man and I've had a good oil. I am not all tensed up. It hasn't sorted out the fibro fog, I'm still just as ditzy as ever and it doesn't help when I hurt myself, it still hurts like hell for ages. Even if tomorrow I feel crap again at least I've had today and it has given me hope when I was at my lowest point.

I don't know what will happen when I get up and start moving around, cleaning, shopping etc so I will take things very slowly as I need to build up my stamina. I also don't know if I will start getting use to the dose and will have to tinker around with it. Nor do I yet know about any would be side effects. I've got a red rash appear all over my tummy today but it's not itchy or painful. I just really hope it works in the long run and I really hope that you too get some relief and good results from taking it too. Wishing you all the best.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Make paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi bebob.how are you feeling today.hope your still pain free and freeing good
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Not too great today. Feeling quite shaking and feeling quite stiff. Have some pain but not to the same degree as normal. Still feeling 75% better than usual. I am coming of the Zomorph and Oramorph at the same time so it could be that I'm getting some withdrawal effects. Just got to give it more time but I have hope that the meds will make a huge difference in my quality of life.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:47 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby becbob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Saw a new Dr on Friday as mine is away until end of Jan. I was supposed to go to see the Rheumatologist on Fri. I've waited over 3 months for this appointment and on Thurs afternoon at 4.30 I get a call from them cancelling it because the Dr is ill. They said they will send me a new appointment through the post but she had know idea how long it would take. I was gutted and desperate so off I went to see any Dr. She said I was to come off the Zomorph and the Oramorph and has left me on the Amitriptyline and I'm on Tramadol again along with Duloxetine. I have been on Oramorph since Sept and Zomorph for only 5-6 weeks. She never mentioned anything about stopping them slowly, just said I was to stop taking them. I am feeling slightly better this evening but I have been off them for 2 days now so I might as well stick to it. Not sure how long any withdrawal effects will last.
becbob
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication