[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Duloxetine

Duloxetine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Duloxetine

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better this evening :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Makes me want to :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: as even a new GP should know about the most suitable way to come off meds. I was told to just stop taking some meds that I was on few years ago, which I did as I was led to believe that it was the best thing for me to do, and it turned out to be one of the worst things I experienced. It was like Hell~On~Earth and pushed me to the point where the only way OH could get me to see another GP was to actually take me, stop with me, and keep hold of me until we were in the doc's room.

Hopefully you'll continue to feel a little better thru each day :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Should you find yourself feeling worse, or experiencing something new/different, don't hesitate to seek advice from your docs, or a walk~in centre (if there is one within a reasonable distance) or

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby becbob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I wish I could of seen my regular Dr but I was in so much pain that I was desperate. I think, or rather hope, that Duloxetine will really help. Only time will tell.
What a hellish time you had. I can't imagine what you went through. Maybe it wont be so bad for me as I haven't been on them that long. It's getting off the Duloxetine that I'm gonna be scared of. I hope they work, if so I'm never coming off them EVER!
This bloody FM has knocked me for six. It's such a horrible illness to have. I suppose we just need to try new meds, juggle around with them and learn as we go. I have been feeling so low, nervous breakdown low. I've never experienced anything like this before but over the last few days I can see a bit of hope. So I'm gonna cling onto it and try to be more positive.
Thank you for your help and advice, it mean a lot to me.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi all, and thanks for the replays,I'm staying on tramadol I only have four a day.and four paracetamol .but I'm going back on amitripoline.i feel happy being on something I know,I no new pills take weeks to settle down but I really don't want a pill I can't get off.so until such times as I can't keep going il have to. And as I'm not sleeping and the old brain is wizzing away all night long I need to sleep I feel so tired and I no with amitripoline il feel sleepy but at least il get some sleep with them.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby mikkiconnors » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi I have been on 60mg Duloxetine for a few years now and 600mg of Lithium in the evening, in the past I had alot of trouble with side effects with other medicines when my pshychaitrist suggested one last try of the above and I tolerated it quite well although I must say symptons of fibro started before using any of these. Before these I was crying almost everyday like it was the end of the world for no reason but now I just feel a a level where I don't take much it quite numb mentally but having hypermobility joint syndrom and very much sounds like I have fibro too although doctor very unhelpful and I feel like if I approach him i'm being like an hyperchondriact!!!
mikkiconnors
UKFM Newbie

Postby Karou » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 am

I've been on duloxetine ( cymbalta, yentreve) since diagnosis. I take 60mg in the evening

At first I took them in the morning. Made me even more tired, nauseous and I had no appetite. I managed to shed a few pounds thanks to that. The other side effects however made me speak to my GP and he said to take them at night as they tend to calm things down. That was true in the beginning but now I'm just as restless. Because of being so tired, the other unwanted effects were less noticeable, I slept through most of it lol The side effects I had disappeared after my body got used to having this in the system.

It's true that missing a dose can be quite an experience and not of the nice sort. When I go a few hours past my normal time I get weird zaps and can " hear my eyes moving" and feel dizzy when doing so. If I stick to the schedule I'm fine with it though.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication