Pramipexole

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pramipexole

Postby Wackers34 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Has anyone tried pramipexole for their fibro? I have such severe twitching / jerking / movements around my body - I am looking for something to calm it down.
Can anyone recommend what they have tried. Currently only on Amitriptyline 50mg, melatonin for sleep and have tried gabapentin in past...I was wondering about suggesting I try it to my doc and see what she thinks
Many thanks
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: Pramipexole

Postby Wackers34 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:28 pm

plus have tried many supplements ie magnesium, giving up caffeine etc
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby LynnyG » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi Wackers34, I used pramipexole for 5 months and have just stopped taking them. The helped me with the restless legs but not with the twitchy, crawling sensations that I also have. The reason I stopped taking them is the side effects for me were too much, the insommina is unbareable, but that's just me, I am hypersensitive to all meds I have taken, ie; gabapentin, pregablin, amatryptiline? and deluxotine. I can't take pain relieve neither only paracetamol.I think you should give it a go! If it doesn't help, just stop taking it but also give it time too work! :goodluck2:
LynnyG
UKFM Newbie

Postby meljcarr » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm

i have been on pramipexole for about 8 years, i also take amitriptylene, tramadol, paracetamol and pregabalin, i couldn't cope with not taking pramipexole i am on the highest dose, i used to get the twitching and crawling all different times of day, but since being on it, i am not quite as bad, i would recomend you try it, also pregabalin can help with the twitching, ask your doc about it, see what he says, :-) hope this helps. good luck :-)
meljcarr
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication