[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - butrans allergy

butrans allergy

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

butrans allergy

Postby pipwatkins » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:38 pm

hi everyone, just joined this site. diagnosed FM in 2011.

I was compelled to explain this allergy? and maybe get some timely advice. here goes.

Have been on butrans in 5 or more recently 10mg form for over 4 months. over the last fortnight or so began to feel run down, rashy and progressively more anxious. thought it was just me having a prolonged "moment"- i get these from time to time as i suffer anxiety and depression at present.

Ive always had sensitivity during and after patch removal and changed the area regularly. About a week ago started feeling really extraordinarily trippy and floaty and progressively more anxious and had increasing vertigo, considerable stomach cramps, urinary probs, organ sensitivity esp the kidney areas, throat, gum, chest pain with wheeziness,widespread cold sores and the most constant full on full headache i think ive ever had.

took the patch off realising that i had previously kept scratching the patches off in my sleep(last 2 wks) and reapplying them on a different area in the morning and had the most inflamed oozing marks where the patch had been, looking like i have been "branded" and angry red colour.

Anxiety got the better of me but i felt so scared that i showered the areas and for the next 3-4 days was too sensitised everywhere to do anything, including seeing the g.p. went on friday last and my usual supportive gp was absent. the locum just gave me tramadol (50mg)the same med i was on before butrans and a failed 3month trial with pregablin and told me to stay off the patches.

6 days later, the patch areas are just beginning to stop oozing and to scab lightly, yet i still feel kidney sensitivity, have had enlarged pupils for 6 days, little quality sleep and still have abdominal cramping, extreme muscle ache, nausea, a bloated feeling everywhere.

should i seek medical help or just rest. gotta do xmas shopping today as not been up to it. i know some of the symptoms are the withdrawals though am a little concerned. i have a long history of sensitivity to a whole host of things inc. paracetomol, codeine, brufen, pregablin, aspirin but never like this. any input helpful. thank you for your time.
Phil X
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split large paragraph into smaller ones for easier reading.
pipwatkins
UKFM Newbie

Re: butrans allergy

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:22 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:03 pm

I wear patches but Fentanyl.....when I first got them I broke out in welts underneath and they bled. They also didn't stick well either.

The pharmacy changed the brand/manufacturer and no problems. I have a latex allergy and it is something in the glue that bothered me.

I wonder if the other symptoms may have nothing to do with your patch. You should see a Dr about all of this.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby sapphirerose71 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:48 am

I was put on Butran 5 after a particularly fierce flare up and it seemed to go well so we tied putting me on Butrans 20 so that i could reduce the amount of tramadol I was on.

It didn't take long for the nasty side effects to kick in. Initially I put some of it down to tramadol withdrawal which it might have been but then the dermatitis where the patch was, the wheezing and drowsiness. When I scratched one patch off in the evening and didn't replace until morning I suffered awful sickness due to withdrawal and I am currently withdrawing slowly by 5microgrammes per week. Last week I wore 3 of the Butrans 5 and this week it's 2.

I'm feeling better already But my pain is terrible. Luckily I'm having more steroid injections in my back and a dorsal epidural in 10 days time. Then I'll just need something for my knees!

:hugs: :santchimney1:
sapphirerose71
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication