Ran out of Codeine!!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Ran out of Codeine!!

Postby denys » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:13 pm

The other way round it is to make a doctors appointment on Monday (our surgery do on the day appointments ) and they can issue another prescription on the spot
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby HeppiBean » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:30 am

Denys that's what I'm thinking of doing. I'm new to this whole repeat prescription thing as before I had a diagnosis my doc wanted to see me each time he offered a new prescription to see how I was doing.

Have got through today on ibuprofen and some co-dydramol I found buried in the cupboard from when I was pregnant and just about have enough to get me to Monday lunch time.

Migrembe my doc gives me codeine seperately as after 2 hours of taking co codamol I'm in pain again and need a boost, so I usually do codeine, 2 hours later paracetamol, an hour later ibuprofen and then back to codeine xx

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:06 am

Hi hun,

I've had a similar situation. Doctor forgot to sign repeat and I was at a friend's for a whole week, unable to see them. I rang the NHS direct and explained. It was the weekend as well and they got a GP to ring me back and I said I can show empty packs with my name on it. He asked a lot of questions about my health and the medication and then I had to go to the nearest hospital to get it. They only gave me enough till I could see my doctor the week after but that's all I needed.

Could you maybe try and ring them?
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication