Reflexology

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Reflexology

Postby yves173 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:19 am

Has anyone tried reflexology? If so, what is your experience of it?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
yves173
UKFM Member

Re: Reflexology

Postby yves173 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for telling me about your experience with reflexology. Although I myself also suffer from fibromyalgia, the reason I'm so interested in how it affects our condition is not only from a personal perspective with the view to having reflexology myself but also because for some reason I found myself signing up to study reflexology! After reading the first module the question of whether it would have any effect on fibromyalgia or its associated conditions made me curious! So I'm grateful for your thoughts. Eve x

P.S anyone else who happens to read this and have tried it I would be interested to hear whether you have had a similar experience or a completely different one! Thanks

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
yves173
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:01 am

Im studying reflex at college at the moment i love it.... its nice just to be pampered and have the main parts of the body that ache worked on abit extra....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby carlz25 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 am

I've had it a few times over there years. I love it. Butttttt at nights after getting it my restless legs are worse than ever. Don't know if it's something to do with it starting blood moving it something but it would keep me up all night.
Suppose for me it's making decision of having something I love done and a sleepless night of not getting it and having maybe 3 hrs sleep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:32 pm

It does stimulate blood flow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby zelda53 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Hello,

I've have just started Reflexology. I've had 2 sessions so far and am booked in for another session next week.

Although so far I haven't seen much difference in my FM symptoms, it has helped with other health problems.
I've got hip, knee and back problems and after the sessions I feel like I've had a proper massage in these areas ( I can't tolerate normal massages as I find them too painful). Also my IBS has improved and I actually get some decent sleep on the night I've had the session.

The biggest downside is the cost, it's £35 per session and the therapist says I need weekly sessions!

I think I'll have a few more and see how it goes,

Louise :-)
Smiling on the outside, crying on the inside - but always looking on the Brightside!!
zelda53
UKFM Newbie

Postby sara_elizabeth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:48 pm

Hey Louise,
Isn't it awful that the things that help us break our bank? It has certainly kept me from a lot of complementary therapies that genuinely ease my pain! Sometimes when I cannot afford something I will see if there is a local teaching college that offers a student clinic. The students need the practice and are managed by their teachers so you are looked after by a professional at all times (but your hands on treatment is done by the student) and usually it can be as much as 50% cheaper. I know when I go for acupuncture I go to teaching clinic days but thankfully my fibro is so bad only the teacher sticks me and lets me pay the student rates because he gets to stick me so much I teach his students so many conditions at once (fibro is so complex!) so it might be something worth exploring? Obviously only if you are comfortable and so glad it helps!!
I have loved to the point of madness, that which is called madness, that which to me is the only sensible way to love
sara_elizabeth
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication