Zipiclone instead of Tamazepam

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Zipiclone instead of Tamazepam

Postby lurcher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Doeas anyone take Zipiclone? I have been on Tamazepam for over 20 years but got letter from practice to say that Temazepam is in short supply and very very expensive they have put me on Zipiclone. Only starting them tonight , have had look on web and see that they should only be prescribed for some weeks. Other change is that I got 10 Temazapam at a time now given 28 Zipiclone. Many thanks :crazy:
lurcher
UKFM Member

Re: Zipiclone instead of Tamazepam

Postby carlz25 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:20 pm

I have a friend who suffered the loss of a baby. After months of not sleeping her doctor gave her these. She said they were a god send. The only thing is she could never remember going to bed so maybe make sure you're in a safe environment.
Though as always different things work differently for different people x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Postby Smurfy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi there, I tried diazapam and tamazapam but neither helped me sleep. My GP suggested zopiclone and they really work. They also don't leave me feeling as spaced out the next day. Whatever works best I say and everyone is different. I find the zopiclone gets me back into a routine and I only need to take them about once a week. Good luck :)
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 pm

I used to be on Zopiclone when I had postnatal depression, they're fantastic, but always left a funny taste in my mouth x

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication