[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - more questions re Gabapentin

more questions re Gabapentin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: more questions re Gabapentin

Postby pinky1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:05 pm

So this afternoon was horrendous, I couldn't walk properly, felt and looked like if taken a massive overdose! My toddler ran out onto the road and went right across and I couldn't catch her. Thank god there was no cars as it's a blind corner.
I had to call the Dr as I couldn't take the side effects anymore. I can't function as a mother let alone a person. The duty doc called me back and has advised me not to stick it out as obviously the side effects are outweighing the benefits and my quality of life.
I have an appointment with my GP at 10am tomorrow. Because of my low seizure threshold it was either going to be gabapentin or lyrica :-( so now it looks like it'll be lyrica. I really wish I could have stayed on the tramadol and amitryptiline I'm terrified of the weight gain from lyrica and anymore side effects. Will have to see how it goes.
Oh how I wish I could go back to just taking some co-codamol!

Sorry just a random update
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby DeedleDee » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 am

hey Pinky,

Hope all goes well at doctors and you get everything sorted. Keep us posted xxxx
D xx

catch the moments as they fly, and use them as you ought....
DeedleDee
UKFM Member

Postby pinky1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:34 pm

pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Pinky there is a sister~med to Amitriptyline called Nortriptyline. It works in the same ways on the same problems, but is said to be better tolerated and have fewer side effects. If you find things are going in a similar way with the seizures, thresholds etc, it might be worth asking your GP if these things have a lower incidence of happening with Nortriptyline.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pinky1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 pm

pinky1
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication