[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - All the different meds

All the different meds

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

All the different meds

Postby Wackers34 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:34 am

What meds are people on for their fibro and other conditions?

I recently have come off amitriptyline, in 1st week off it, and i have never known a week like it...I just cant sleep, no matter what i do or how much sleeping tab i take...I am soooo tired and yet my sleep switch just wont switch!

Could this be the amitriptyline withdrawl? The doc thinks i should go back on it, but i came off under her supervision as didnt want to be on too many meds

I am currently on (overall): propanonol as and when need for fast heart...lanzaprazole for reflux and then sleep meds and baclofen as and when and the pill (have just come off this the last month also) and thats it..plus odd cocodamol when pain is real bad.

I thought the amitriptyline was doing me no good and i still couldnt sleep at best of times, but my sleep is non existent now! I even took a temazepam last night and NOTHING!

Im wondering if i should go back on these or try and manage without little meds...whats everyones views?
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: All the different meds

Postby Garyl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:00 am

I was put on amitriptyline was only on it for a week or just over as it made me paranoid. is a horrible tablet, ok i now have to take a combination of pain relief which barely scratches the surface some days. I take 2 zapain tabs 3 times daily and before bed2 500 paracetmol tabs and 2 Dihydrocodeine tablets, this combination was prescribed due to poor sleep, whilst i get a little more sleep then before i do not get my full 8 hours every night, due to pains.

Suppose i am saying steer clear of amitriptyline and maybe ask about the combination i am on, i hate taking pills but needs must as fibro is no better.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:29 am

Hi all,well I'm on amitripyline and I was told to give it at lest 6 weeks as like u I give up after a week or so, it really does help with sleep I never sleep all night. And some nights I don't sleep at all , but I no without it I wouldn't sleep at all, I came off it once and I didn't sleep for a week .it does do that when you stop taking it.im on tramadol and paracetamol ,and a relaxsent when needed .im also on an anti depressant which I no I shall not come off of , the worst thing I have atm is a pulling feeling in my legs and arm like I'm going tight yet when I feel my legs they don't feel tight .yet inside it feels like I'm one big knot.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Funny thing dr just rung me.his put my ami up to 50mg to stop the tight feeling in my legs and arms it was that or a new tab so made since to stick with what I got then add yet another pill .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Wackers34 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:40 pm

thanks for all the facebook comments - i am a slim girl already, no weight to lose, have tried cutting gluten, have tried 5htp, have tried fibro sleep, did try walking in summer, and must admit this helps a bit...no diet or cutting aspartame worked for me...i hate being on meds also though, im so confused about what is causing me fibro / cfs problems and what is meds...I wanted to try and come off everything (that was my plan over xmas) but it hasnt worked as now lay awake night after night...its the sleep that troubles me most...

I have tried - melatonin, valerian, espom salts, magnesium, i tried hypnotherapy cd once, but will try again...I know i have to stick with it and eventually i will sleep - i just wish i didnt have two little kids to look after whilst going through this process ... :cry:
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby Kalev » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Wackers34
I was on Amitriptle for many years at first they worked but then I started to get used to them & had to increase the dosage after maxing out I switched to Noratriptlean which does the same thing but less side affects. I'm now on Pregabalin & Melatonin mainly but take 14 tablets a day much less then I used to I will take anything if it works I think with Fibro as with allot of complaints you just have accept that taking meds. is part of it. I found the best is to do your resurrect on-line then tell your Doctor what you want to try & way after all no one knows how you feel like you & as I told my Doc. I know best.
Good luck I hope you get some sleep soon & don't forget to ask for help from everyone you know
Kalev
UKFM Member

Postby Linda1950 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:47 pm

I tried Amitriptyline to help me sleep but it didn't work. I now take Gabapentin. 900mg three times a day and Tramadol and paracetamol for pain. My sleeping has improved. Like painprincess1 I also have the same muscle problems, like squeezing feeling but just lately my arm muscles have been worse like a knife stabbing me, but tramadol do help.
Linda1950
UKFM Newbie

Postby Revjan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Zomorph (MST)? I've been on them for over a year now and at first they were good but my pain has increased a lot and they don't seem to be working for me anymore. Doc keeps upping the dose, now on 50mg twice a day but this, along with Oramorph I have to take for breakthrough pain, leaves me feeling like a zombie. Any thoughts? Thanks
Revjan
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 am

zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication