This is really helping me...

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

This is really helping me...

Postby TATT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 am

I hope this helps someone so I will give some bullet points to keep it short. Have had fibro 3-4 yrs, 2-3 years have been bed/housebound. My pain in the first two years was so intense I planned my suicide and wrote my letters on two occasions.

Last Novemebr I came off 8 tramadol a day as my break through pain was every four hours and I knew I was addicted. It was not easy to do but had to be done. I went on Butrans patches and another drug I was on privately, I seemed to get through Xmas okay.

January 6th had operation and was back in bed for six weeks, liver overloaded with anesthetic and morphine, Butrans and another strong painkiller. I then started having seizures and had hypoxia. This was so scary, so I stopped the private drug, I weaned off the Butrans, and I started to detox.

It's been hard especially the fatigue and due to a lot of lying/sitting down my coccyx and upper spine has been killing me. Moods swings night sweats plus the usual yet much much lowered level of fibro pain.

I have been drinking Calcium Bentonite Clay every morning for the last 8 days. My IBS has gone, my bowels work like never before, no more gas. My energy is improving and most of all I have hardly no pain. I am surviving on one dose in the evening of paracetamols or ibrufen. I am amazed.

Last Nivember I could not walk hardly, my brain was dull, I hurt all over. I was constantly tired. Now I am not out of the woods yet but my stomach and liver are feeling so much better I know this. Just having my IBS gone is so good.

You can buy the INTERNAL bentonite clay calcium. On eBay bay for £12. It's so easy to do but there is a special way of doing it which you can find many people talking about in the net. I did a lot of research before hand so pm me if you need advice on how best to take it.

Drug free for nearly two weeks and feeling really good. Really hope this helps.

Tatt x

Ps just wanted to add that the clay rids the body of heavy toxic metals which is linked to cfs and fibro which I have both. I have this feeling that if I could rid myself of the toxins in my body that I would get better.

My only issue I am struggling with is still not sleeping properly, yes I still have occasional joint aches and the odd stabbing nerve pain here and there. Before fibro this would have bothered me, but after what I / we go through, it's a walk in the park. I also realise that it's hard and scary to come off lots of meds and it's taken me mentally a while to prepare for this, but my husband cannot believe the difference in me and asked me to tell you guys now rather than later in case it helps some of you.

You will need to take the clay drink in the morning 2 hours away from any medication so it does not stop its effects. But check it out yourself.
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: This is really helping me...

Postby whoami » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:43 am

Tatt..........Sorry for whaat you have been through but I am so hpapy you are doing so well now, xx
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tim Bell » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi, I'm new in here, and its not the place to tell my story, but I've read the FSA warnings about toxins contained with clay(s), but I want to try it. Have you a supplier that can guarantee a clean bill of health?
Tim Bell
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi Tatt so glad that you are feeling better I hope that this continues long term . I have never heard of this treatment , what exactly does it do that seems to aid your Fibro/CFS ?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:41 pm

TATT so glad you have found something to help you but and it is a big but, there are FSA warnings about this so please be very careful where you source this from and check with a health professional just to be on the safe side.

It is a pretty inert compound but can contain arsenic and other nasties (different grades, hence the warning regarding where you get it from) and is used as cat litter. Having said that it will regulate things which would probably help with your IBS
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby TATT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Okay so I hear what your saying, thank you I will look into it.

Because of this Tim I can't recommend anything, all I can say is that it's making me feel well. There are reputable organic health companies out there that sell this. Not heard of the problems with it and yet I did a lot of research on it. So I will check it out. :roll:
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:06 pm

So I had a look at a couple of pages saying exactly what you say about high levels of arsenic and lead. But when you look at the overwhelming pages of people with all different ailments saying how it's making them better I have to really go by what my body is doing and for the first time in 5 years with no break, I am pain free and drug free.

So I have found another source which seems reputable and have emailed both companies including the one I already have sourced from to ask a few questions. I guess I will just take the risk as I was having hypoxia and seizures on the meds I was being given. So for my personal view I will continue till my body does not want it anymore.

Some were saying that the Fsa does not want us taking a cheap natural product as the pharmaceutical companies would not like this. As for Arsenic it's one of the toxins that clay is known to draw out from the body. You can use it in your bath and it helps draw out toxins. There are testimonials and blogs from people who's pain has ceased. Me too, I was hesitant to suggest this here as I would hate for someone to fall even more unwell than they already are by trying this. You have to find out exactly how to do it, and get a good supplier. But for me, for now I am happy.

Iskatemum, all I can say was I have been mentally preparing to come of my meds as they were making me I'll. I have had a lot of rest recently so this has helped too. I do believe my body has been overloaded with heavy metals and high levels of cortisol from continues stress over the last 20 years. I have also changed my diet over the last year too. I had breast implants that had to be removed as they went hard and also feel my body had toxins from this. So I am a good candidate, I have done my research. One size does not fit all and we all have fibro maybe from different reasons, and our bodies need different medicines/healing. So what works for me may not work for others. But I would be remiss to not say So even if it's early days.

I have had abuse all my life on and off, suffered PTSD and had many broken bones. So this is like cleaning out my insides and all I can say is it works for me.
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby aef1305 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi Tatt.

I am sorry to hear you have had such a hard time of things and am really glad that you have found something that has helped.

After the previous comments I could understand you feeling hesitant to recommend anything but I have really made up my mind that this is something I want to try and was wondering if you could please tell me where you have got your Calcium Bentonite Clay from?

Thank you.
aef1305
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:51 am

I know a lot of peoplesuccessfully buy from EBay , but with the amount of fake goods on sales , I'll only buy medical or skin products from large reputable companies, even if a slightly dearer.

Even vitamins and supplements I won't buy from large shops or on the high street as a lot of their products are manufactured in China etc, and are only packaged in the UK. I'll only buy for from a single small established British company whose products are (with the exception of 2 which clearly state are amde in NZ and Canada) are manufactured in the UK to UK standards.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi Zappa,

I do understand and have since asked my eBay seller for information which I have copied below. They took there time coming back to me and so I ordered from Amazon but this seems pretty good stuff to me. Anyone interested can pm me and I will give you details.

Hi, Our calcium bentonite is sourced from Spain, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I have been waiting for the latest data sheets coming from my suppliers which has just arrived.

Please find below. I am sorry but for some reason ebay will not allow a file attachment only copy and paste or photo attachment so I have put both

CB Technical Data for Fuzball292

Product Description

CB is a natural, non-activated calcium bentonite, milled and air classified to give
a consistent fine powder.

Typical Chemical Analysis

SiO2 60.7% CaO 2.85%
Al2O3 18.31% Na2O 1.56%
Fe2O3 3.95% TiO2 0.49%
MgO 3.32% Mn3O4 0.08%
K2O 3.14% LOI 6.05%

Typical Mineralogy

Montmorillonite 88%
Mica 5%
Feldspars 5%
Quartz 2%

Other Typical Properties

Bulk Density 800 – 900 Kg/m3
Swelling Volume 11 ml/2g
Moisture Maximum 14% by weight
CEC 76 meq/100g

Sieve Analysis

Maximum 5% retained on a 150;m sieve
15%-25% retained on a 75;m sieve

- fuzball292
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:45 pm

That is a typical chemical analysis for Calcium Bentonite, all I will say is I'm glad its working for you TATT, you have researched it and you need have no worries about telling people that it is something that you find is helping. You arent forcing anyone else into trying it.

All I was doing as playing devils advocate which is something we have to do as moderators, members all have free will to try or not to try :-D :-D

I hope the benefits you are experiencing are long term and you manage to stay med free :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication