Creatine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Creatine

Postby gibbo82 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried creatine to help with the symptoms of fibro?. I know it is used by gym goers for exta strength & recovery but after reading a number of different studies it seems to help with the muscle weakness side of things

Thoughts?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Creatine

Postby geordiegirl147 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi just seen your post and i try most things but do read a lot about them first also get advice as not over done on prescribed meds
so looked up creatine put into google first site came up with med page paper done by Rheumatology
Creatine supplementation improved several measures of muscle function in patients with fibromyalgia in a small randomized trial, but most symptoms didn't improve. However, almost no benefits were seen for pain, quality of life, sleep, or cognitive function.
Ive started to take D-RIBOSE which is a natural supplement that we all have in our body i find the same with this it gives you more energy
gives it a boost, still have the pain not as much gut wrenching still there but can cope.
geordiegirl147
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Thanks geordiegirl :) I'll hav a look into this
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby Meulan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm

I too have googled Creatine and also D-Ribose and came up with this amazing link:

http://drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_The_Ce ... al_Failure

I am not sure who Dr. Myhill is nor have I checked out his website, but the information is easy for the non-medical person like me, to understand and he suggests several other supplements and dietary measures which could all help with the CFS and why we are getting like this.

Any comments/thoughts would be much appreciated is you can see the link! Thanks Pen x
Meulan
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication