[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Tramadol sertraline??

Tramadol sertraline??

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tramadol sertraline??

Postby Leannellie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 pm

Just been put on tramadol but I take 200mg sertraline. Doc didn't say not to take them both but I googled them and it says there are interactions taking both?? Docs now closed and I'm worried about taking the tramadol. Does anyone else take both??
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Re: Tramadol sertraline??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm on Tramadol and Sertraline, have had them in my cocktail for a couple of years now with no problems.

The potential interactions include the possibility of Serotonin Syndrome, which will have flagged up when your GP added them to your list of meds. However, the risk of an interaction tends to be greatly outweighed by the possible benefits Tramadol can give, which is why they will have been prescribed.

If you're still unsure or wary of taking them together, you could always talk to a pharmacist about your concerns if you can't get to your GP to do so.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Leannellie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Thanks Fluppy, you've put my mind at rest. I really should stay away from google!!!!
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Hope they make things a little more comfortable for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Keri2181 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Sertraline is a selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor. There are many many kinds but you should read the effects and symptoms serotonin syndrome to be on the same side. My mum was taken off fluoxetine and tramadol at the same time. I've been on sertraline and morphine patch but had tramadol too with no side effects
Keri2181
UKFM Newbie

Postby olwynam1 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 am

I've been on both Tramadol and Sertraline together for several years now with no problems at all in terms of side effects. xx
olwynam1
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:15 am

Thanks everyone!! Took tramadol last night and couldn't sleep!! It was like my brain couldn't switch off!!
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication