Changing from Sertraline to Duloxetine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Changing from Sertraline to Duloxetine

Postby Ploppy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:00 am

4 days in and side effects are awful, just read up and found out that you get worse before better! I was already at my worst! Cold like symptoms, dry mouth, heavy limbs and spaced out, once asleep a real battle to wake up properly, anyone else on these?
Ploppy
UKFM Member

Re: Changing from Sertraline to Duloxetine

Postby libbiek30 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:40 am

Hi I am on serterline give it a
chance it takes a few weeks to get used to it. I have no side eeffects at all now a nd it really helps me cope. :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby fruitloop » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi,
What dosage are you on? I have been on 60mcg duloxetine for around 3.5 years. At first I had terrible symptoms, especially nausea. Now I still have trouble waking up but it has helped me get some sleep so I put up with that.
How did you find the other one? Are they very similar?
It took about a month to settle down for me. I was signed off work at the time so that helped me not get too stressed about the impact on daily life.
fruitloop
UKFM Member

Postby Ploppy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 pm

30mg. Duloxetine, sleeping like a log and dreaming for the first time in ages. Sertraline I didn't dream or sleep well. My nerve pain is becoming manageable. I have no appetite but very high anxiety levels, crying and loosing my temper every 5 minutes, especially not good with toddler at terrible twos
Ploppy
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication