[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - guidance needed

guidance needed

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

guidance needed

Postby Libby28 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:21 pm

hi All

I am seeing my gp in morning! basically really fed up & low waking up constantly aching, working through the day lifts slightly. I am on tramadol, paracetamol, diclofenac & gabapentin - feel that I am "kicking the ass" out of pain meds!! have been advised by rheumy nurse that they are prescribing me with methatrexate injection - been on this before but not injections. However this was over week ago & still no sign & know will take while to kick in. I was also advised by the nurse that I need a muscle relaxant when queried about specific one it isn't prescribed & discussed muscle relaxants was advised to wait n see how get on with the methatrexate! But really low n fed up being sore & husban been ill had P.E last week, but being treated. Friend thinks I need antidepresnat rather than muscle relax as not really sleeping great either

any advice??
Libby28
UKFM Member

Re: guidance needed

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 pm

The only thing I can really suggest is doing a bit of research into the types of meds you are currently on, or may have been on previously, see if there are some similar alternatives, then when you go and see your GP, see what might be suitable for you to try.

It's not unusual for there to be an anti~d or 2 in our cocktails, one to help with sleep and pain issues, and one to help with the low mood/depression side of things, so that may be something to consider too. Quite often, if sleep issues can improve, it can ripple out and have a calming effect on other problems. The same can also apply to the low mood/depression side of things. For some, these problems can manifest as physical pain, which when added to the mix, makes them worse. If you mood can be lifted, again the benefits can ripple out and help others feel a little more manageable.

Also, with hubby being pawly too, this will be adding a bit more to things and turning that hurty dial up as far as it can. You may find that as hubby starts to improve, and there is less for you to be worried about, that this could also help with things.

Depending on what changes are made at your appt tomorrow, try to keep in mind that new meds added may need time to build up and take effect, so any benefits may not be felt for a while. Plus, until you get used to the new addition to things, it could make you feel a little worse for a while.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby humphreys » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi I'm on Methetrexate 6 per week, It works for me, but I must admit it did take about 4-5wks to work. One of my friends went on it as well, but it didn't work for her. At the moment I'm on Pregabalin, Paracetamols, and Citalopram, these are working for me at the moment. Good luck
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby Libby28 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:34 pm

many thanks - will let you know how I get on xx
Libby28
UKFM Member

Postby Libby28 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:49 pm

I got prescribed fluxotine, no other changes to meds, just waiting on methotrexate injections now x
Libby28
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication