[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Medication

Medication

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Medication

Postby Emmaxx » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi all new 2 this and newly diagnosed at the hospital last wk. have had aches and pains 4 a long time but recently 4 the last 3months it has really effected my life. Doc has gave me codeine and paracetamol and they r helping me so far the have gave me amtripline 20mg at night they do help me sleep abit better! But the stiffness I feel in the morning is unreal my back hurt and I have so much pain in my feet its weird they hurt 2 walk on and my ankles give way and then it eases off. But then I get the usual aches and pains and headache ect through out the day. I'm just wondering wether amtripline is meant 2 help u not feel so stiff in the morning? Excuse my grammar and spelling my brain has gone 2 mush lately 2 be honest it's frighting me I feel so alone but I keep reading bits on here that makes me realise im not alone and u all seem lovely and positive people. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Re: Medication

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi Emma welcome to the family.you not alone that's for sure and ask anything it's the best way to cope.i used to get it in my feet omg they hurt so bad .but fibro is a funny thing u can hurt like hell with something for days weeks months then bang it's gone and u now hurt somewhere else.mornings always worse for all of us.my back and finger really brother me.i just put up a post saying playdoh in a ball helps me to move my fingers when there stiff.if u have time have a hot shower or bath in the morning ,also the amitripyline takes about 6 weeks to kick in I'm on it to,does help sleep a lot and even though u might not feel it it does help with the muscles .no pill ever take it all alway and sometimes u think il stop that pill it does nothing only to find how much pain your in without them.one day at a time love it will take time to find the right way for you to get through your day.and don't give up on life,I have four wounderful kids three teens and a two year old . Two baby rats and I had this for well over ten years. Life well be different somedays will feel awful but somedays will be magic .xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Emmaxx » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Thank you for your reply yes is very strange the pain I get I'm my feet. mornings and late evening r really hard 4 me at the mo but doc said just do u can and rest when u can which I'm trying but like all of us it's not that easy lol I am 26 work part time at a hospital and have two lovely children aged 7 and 5. Feeling abit tearful at the mo and selfish 4 feeling that way. Will keep taking the amitriptyline didn't think that it would take a little while 2 kick in [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] like I say my brain is like mush at mo lol. Have enjoyed reading throw this forum and have found some really useful information it's so nice 2 here from real ppl with fibro and what works 4 every1 thank you all xxx

Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Postby Dippy Deb » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Just be aware whilst taking amitrip it has a few side effects and some people find it doesn't suit them, I'm actually talking about myself. Everyone has really down days but if you think it could be caused by your Meds plz talk to your GP. On the positive side I've really learnt a lot from this site and its helped seeing that I'm not alone, hope you feel better soon, gentle hugs xx
Dippy Deb
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:16 pm

With you asking about meds, I've moved you over onto here Emma :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

As PP has said, stiffness, esp in the mornings, affects pretty much all of us as some time along the way. At the moment, when I wake up each morning, I'm moving around like the Tin Man before Dorothy oils him when she meets him on the Yellow Brick Road :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It only starts to ease off after my morning meds start to take effect and I'm able to start my stretching routine.

Have you had the pain in your feet checked by your GP??? Just wondering as, while it may well be FM related, there could also be something else at work and causing it. A few on here have had problems with If you have a look at the linky, you'll be able to see if there are similarities with what you are experiencing. If there are, then a trip to your GP will be needed to see if it is this, or something else.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Shazmy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Shazmy
UKFM Newbie

Postby coletalbot » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Hiya, I'm new to here, just joined today. Was diagnosed with Fibro about 6 months ago.
I'm on 10mg of Amatriptaline in the evening for my hands, Without it my hands are so painful they're useless. I can't grip anything, when I try I get electric shocks in my knuckles.
Just wanted to reassure Emma that 'Brain Fog' is also very much part of Fibro as well as all the muscle aches and pains.
I look forward to talking to other people who know what I'm on about.
Cole.
coletalbot
UKFM Member

Postby Mcclungt5 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Re stiffness I had all the meds for nerve pain none of which ever made a difference the only medication which has helped with the morning stiffness is Tizanidine im at 20 mg a day max dose is 24 mg daily make no mistake this med does nothing for pain but has a huge impact on stiffness and also aind sleep I actually came off sleep aids when I started this, it is indicated in the treatment of Fibro so you should have no difficulty with Consultant or GP prescribing good luck
Mcclungt5
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Waves hello to cole and welcome to the family.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Emmaxx » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Thank you all 4 replying xxxx

Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication