Thank God for having a good GP!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Thank God for having a good GP!

Postby zoomie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:22 pm

I have been flaring since the beginning of the year with a few afternoons that felt like it was lifting, the weeks ago feeling like my flare was at an end I was rushed into hospital with an infected gall bladder :(
Now I can't control my pain at all, my hubby has been on the verge of calling for an ambulance several times, but as you know if you suffer from environmental sensitivities that hospital can feel like it's killing you.
So, my hubby called the gp today and told him how much trouble I'm having. Low and behold I get a home visit from him with morphine patches.... now I don't know if this week work, but I am extremely grateful to have a doctor that not only understand fibromyalgia, but is willing to try to help manage my pain!
I'm hoping this will keep the pain manageable until I have my gall bladder removed in a few weeks! :-?
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Re: Thank God for having a good GP!

Postby denys » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:01 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: your pain will be more controlled and you get even more improvement after the removal of your gall bladder, no more horrible infections :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zoomie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Oh I hope so Denys! I seriously need a break from this pain (well, what I would consider a break) lol
I'm driving everyone in the house mad, only the dog doesn't feel the need to walk on egg shells :(
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby debbiealison » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:41 pm

Its great if you have a good gp. Hope your op goes well.
debbiealison
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:32 am

There are some amazing Dr's out there still. You and I both are lucky ones. Make sure you send a card thanking him for his help and devotion to his career.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication