Painkillers

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Painkillers

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm currently on 8 paracetamol and ibuprofen a day, as well as 8 tramadol. And I'm still in pain, but feeling very ill. I'm not sure what to do x

Katie. Mummy to 2 with Fibro and HMS.
Sent from my HTC One using TapaTalk.
HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Re: Painkillers

Postby glekay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 pm

get back to your GP and tell him how you feel he may be able to change your meds
glekay
UKFM Newbie

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:14 pm

They're not open now until monday

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby glekay » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:25 pm

whatever you do don't just stop taking the tramadol you have to reduce your dose slowly you could try not taking the paracetamol or the ibubrophen and see if that makes any difference
glekay
UKFM Newbie

Postby littlemac0191 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Rheumatologist advised me Ibuprofen doesnt work for fibro. hope that helps. try codeine until you can get back to your docs.
littlemac0191
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 pm

I'll try without the ibruprofen tomorrow, see if it stops me feeling ill. Im at a loss... I'd have thought that amount of tramadol and I'd be numb! Apparently not...

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby jackaddict » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 pm

What dosage is the tramadol and how long have you been taking it?
jackaddict
UKFM Member

Postby HeppiBean » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:21 pm

100mg since Wednesday x

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby Jon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 am

I think you need a neuropathic painkiller such as gabapentin or pregabalin. Co-codamol may help too but if the opioids aren't getting to all the pain, it's because the relief needs to target damaged nerves. Lots of us on here have experienced this and so you're in good company.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Jon
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lisalou » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:30 am

Tramadol can make you feel sick... I cant take it regularly cos of how it makes me feel. Hope you gey done relife. Always talk to your gp about how you feel. Good luck.
Lisa x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Hope you are feeling a bit better . You seem to be taking quite a mixture so its no surprise that you are feeling ill, I sometimes wonder if half my symptoms are meds or Fm related.
I'm not a doctor just someone who has been taking meds for a while and seems to get every side effect going, so please seek help as soon as possible . If you can't cope today with the side effect please contact your local out of hour system that would cover the weekends

Just a few thoughts :-

As others have said keep on the Tramadol , it is a artificial opiate and so is the strongest of your meds .

Ibroprofen is a different type of pain killer and so works in slightly different way.It can be very "hard" on your stomach & As others have said some people find it doesn't work for Fm pain so it would be best to try and reduce the number of Ibroprofen you take until you can discuss everything with your GP

Paracetamol can also be reduced to a level that reduces the side effect symptoms.
It may take a day or two until all the extra meds are out of your system but stick with it . If the sickness get really bad call the out of hour system and see if you can get something for the nausea. I've been known to have to go get an anti nausea injection when I've been trying new meds

To help with side effects I take an antiacid tablet and anti nausea table every day which eases & helps with the effect all the meds have on my system.

Good luck and feel better soon
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby HeppiBean » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Than k you. I have an appointment with my gp tomorrow morning. Hopefully everything will get sorted x

HeppiBean
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:49 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication