TENS machine helps!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

TENS machine helps!

Postby emmafifema » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:17 am

Hi all,

after reaching a point in my life where I am on around 26 medications a day and still in a lot of pain I decided to try using a TENS machine. Borrowed it from my mum this week and gave it a first go today. I have been pleasantly surprised! Although it hasn't stopped my pain it does seem to have dulled it slightly and made it a little more manageable.

However, I do have pain over pretty much all of my body and as well as the FM I have Spondylolisthesis and stenosis of the spine and had a spinal fusion. So I used the TENS on my lower back at the site of my fusion and it really has helped. I obviously am still in pain with other areas but even just helping this area is a huge thing for me.

Very very pleased that I gave this a try and will continue to use it!

Mz x
emmafifema
UKFM Newbie

Re: TENS machine helps!

Postby Judyq » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:49 am

Hi Mz,

Great to hear you got some relief from the TENS. Ok so it didn't make you pain free, but it made a significant difference enough for you to let us know, and that's fab. It's strange you posting this today as I had a conversation with my husband earlier questioning whether my old TENS machine would be of any use. I have only recently been diagnosed with FM, although you can trace my symptoms back at least 15 years, and my GP is trying different medications, none of them I'm finding particularly magical.

I used my TENS primarily for back pain following a fall playing rounders, and I found it really helpful. So you've planted that seed firmly in my head (she says loosely as I'm going to sleep now and who knows what I'll remember by morning lol), I'm going to dig my old machine out and give it a go.!!!!!!!

Will watch out for any updates, but I sincerely hope it continues to help you.

J x
Judyq
UKFM Newbie

Re: TENS machine helps!

Postby denys » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:35 am

Glad to hear you have found something that helps, a lot of members have spoken about using TENS machines and a lot have reported similar finding to your own, that it doesnt take things away but certainly dampens down the pain so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it keeps working and the effects last :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication