[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Morphine

Morphine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Morphine

Postby Emmaxx » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:16 pm

My docs has prescribe me morphine 2 day as amtripline 30mg is not helping me sleep I'm waking up thought the night stiff and in pain. The doc said take morphine at night Prn 2 help me sleep. I don't feel comfortable going down this road it's like she doesn't really care. I'm so confused!! The only painkillers I have had cocodemol paracetamol and amptripline seems a big jump 2 me is there anything else maybe she could of tried? Thanks all xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Re: Morphine

Postby whoami » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:26 pm

There are many medications you could take. There are many meds that we all take but we don't take the same. If you are uncomfortable with what has been prescribed then you need to discuss this with your Dr. It is not fair to you if we suggest what we take may work. We don't know your history. We can certainly say what we take but to go in and tell your Dr that you want such and such a drug he may not be receptive to the idea. It took over 15 years for me to get the right meds that work for me. I luckily have been on the same message, same dose for over 8 years now. Work with your Dr.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kazza65 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi

You say your on morphine is it Oramorph or is a proper morphine tablet. I have oramorph on a night when the amitriplyne doesn't give me a full night sleep. Also i take a mst continus which is a slow release morphine,

thanks Karen
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Have you tried any of the other painkiller types Emma, like co~codamol or Tramadol???

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Terilassie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:43 pm

It does seem a big jump, maybe you should ask about Pregabalin , gabapentin or tramadol. I hope you get sorted xx
Terilassie
UKFM Newbie

Postby Emmaxx » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:53 pm

No I haven't got my prescription yet as only went 2 doc 2day it's oral and a low dose. No haven't tried tramadol fluppypuffy. Thanks all xx

Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Postby bulldog7274 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:00 pm

I tried many types of pain relief tramadol just sent me to sleep all the time but what worked was dihydracdine gabapentin abd morphine patches but ended up coming off gabapentin as they were no good in the end . The morphine patches are fine the only sideeeffects I suffer are morphine itch and if I forget to change my patch I also seem to suffer withdrawal symptoms
bulldog7274
UKFM Member

Postby Cherubgirl7 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:05 pm

I have been on morphine for three years now. First it was oramorph and now for the last year patches which I change once a week. I've tried tramadol etc but they just space me out. I have no problem on the patches at all.
Cherubgirl7
UKFM Newbie

Postby Emmaxx » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank you just feel nervous about taking it even oh I just want 2 scream as I'm in so much pain and it feels I'm having all bad at the min. I'm 27 and I work part time and have 2 small children! Dnt want 2 be knock out by it but I'm sure the doc wouldn't give me if that's what would happen :) also she has referred me 2 pain clinic do not no what they do 2 help but fingers crossed. Thank you all xx

Emmaxx
UKFM Member

Postby tiny229 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Funnily enough today I was at my doctors as my pain is so bad lately I despair .....I have had morphine in the past but that was for shingles pain and I weaned myself of it as soon as able to do so as I didnt want to become dependent of it . My doctor showed me a guidline for fybro and it states that morphine should not be prescribed as it is proven that it does not help fybro pain ,,,,speak to your doctor again I would as whats the point getting addicted to a drug that will not help you ,,,,,,,hope you get some help ....gentle hugs :-)
tiny229
UKFM Member

Postby jess » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:17 pm

I take Tramadol 100mg with 2 paracetamol on bad days and oral morphine on really really bad days I decide when I need to take it
and I could take it up to 4 times aday but don't so I don't get used to it but I do take it at night has it does help me sleep now I have been taken off amitriptyline has it gave me irregular heart beat so after I wasn't sleeping at all but the morphine does help I cant take any other Pain Killers as I'm asthmatic and have other health probs so Please ask your doc if there is something that is stopping you from having other pain Meds
hugs and hope you find relieve soon
jess
UKFM Member

Postby lese loo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:24 pm

hi
I take mst 90mg twice aday and it is for my fm so not sure why you are saying it doesn't work for fm its the only thing that gets me threw the day with the pain also I take 300mg pregabalin I really don't think you should be giving out advice on meds and claiming they don't work
lese loo
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:33 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angrylonenut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:54 am

Have read the original post and suggestions by others forum users input with interest. One thing that has not been mentioned as to possible reasons why the GP may have leapfrogged over co-codamol & tramadol straight to morphine. Few GPs like to prescribe codeine based opiates for prolonged periods due to the high risk of habit-forming. As for tramadol, this may be contraindicated for a particular reason such as epilepsy or history of seizures in past or another unknown reason.
angrylonenut
UKFM Newbie

Postby padders » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:18 am

Hi i take 90mg morning and night of morphine with no side effects. I did take tramadol once but i was so ill on it i didn't take it again. Like any meds we are given we all react to them differently. You didn't say how much you was to take at night. It may be just a small dose to see how you go. My guess is your Dr believes you and instead of messing you around has put you straight onto something stronger to help you. But i agree go back to your Dr and explain your worries if you are unwilling to try it. Or if you start taking it and find it isn't working for you then back to Dr. If you do give it a go then you may have a side effects but give it chance to get into your system and see if the side effect go away after a few days if use. By the way i am on slow release which are much better. Good luck x
padders
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication