[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - TENS machine

TENS machine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

TENS machine

Postby Crafty_Lady » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:54 am

I got my new TENS machine yesterday and used it for the first time last night, felt a bit strange!

I just wondered how often you use it and for how long?
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Re: TENS machine

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:06 pm

It does feel a bit strange at first, but the more you use it, you should find that you do kind~of get used to how it feels.

As for how long you use it for, your distruction leaflet may have some sort of guide to start you off with it. As you get used to it and try the various settings it has, you should start to find how long you need it to run it for each area, depending on pain levels etc.

As a bit of an idea, when I power Mr TENsy up, I run him for a couple of cycles on a setting then see how things felt. Then if necessary, I'll run the cycle again, sometimes with the pads in slightly different positions for a couple of times, and then see how things felt. I just carry on in this way, changing settings if needed until I feel things are starting to respond.

If you're still unsure, you could always contact the person who suggested the TENs machine to you for some advice/guidance on how best to use it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mikeyboy2014 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:46 pm

On the subject of Tens machines don't be fooled like I was and buy replacement pads from boots or the like, check out Ebay as I bought 24 replacement pads on Ebay for the price of just 4 pads from the high street shops :-D
mikeyboy2014
UKFM Member

Postby emmafifema » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi,

I have been using a Tens machine for a few weeks now and find it a great help pain wise. I use it all day! The instructions on mine say you can use it as long as you like but advise that you change the position/treatment area of the pads every 12 hours.

I just bought some replacement pads, self adhesive ones for £4 from asda but have just looked on ebay and for that price you can get a pack of 12 delivered!
emmafifema
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Good old Ebay, glad to hear Mr Tensy is helping emmafifema quite a few members seem to rate them :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sue1968 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi folks

I have two different types of tens a traditional one with wires and sticky electrodes and a mini wireless one, I fine the wireless one so much better, as I'm not pulling the connections out and I can discreetly restart the tiny hand held machine, also I'm looking into the pain gone pen as another alternative to use along side as I'm having issues in my pelvic area and been told today by consultant that it's my fibromyalgia so I'm going to ask him tomorrow about the pen and see if I can borrow one to try.......I'll keep u posted, to help others but as we all are different then it's good to get anyone's advice on them....thank u
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Thu May 22, 2014 9:40 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication