[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibro is a virus.

Fibro is a virus.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro is a virus.

Postby TATT » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 am

This is interesting, I know it's American but at least they are doing clinical trials now on Fibro.

http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/2014/04 ... gia-study/
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro is a virus.

Postby migrembe » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 am

Very interesting and very cagey - Fibromyalgia is the body's response to trauma, either mental, emotional or/and physical.

If it was a virus it would be ME or Chronic Fatigue syndrome.

However it would be interesting to see where it goes. I am allergic to most medications including diclofenac.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby KesinGateshead » Thu May 01, 2014 5:21 am

Hi there, a newbie here, be gentle! :lol: Diagnosed with HMS (2008) and Fibromyalgia (2013).

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I had the odd twinge but told it was growing pains, quite possible. Then, at 16yrs, I got a throat infection which returned a few times within a year, more than likely mono/glandular fever looking back. I had pain whilst pregnant with my dd and had one lung and 4 bladder infections. It's literally been bad health since I left school (due to bullying) at 14 years old. So, is that trauma and virus?! Now, I have HMS which is constant pain and mishaps, and Fibro showing as ME/CFS, Meniéres, numbness, nerve over-sensitivity and severe depression.

I also lived (from age 7-15) under a flight-path, just a mile away from the landing runway, but more worryingly, within 20 yards of us was a nice, big pylon! I can't help wondering if that has had anything to do with my families' health problems. (My Mum has HMS, MS and possible fibro. Eldest Brother had Crohns, as does his son. My other Brother has epilepsy which started in his late teens/early 20's. My Dad is fine though. None of us had any conditions that were known when we lived there. Sorry if off topic. I definitely agree, there's more to Fibromyalgia than meets the eye and I highly doubt it's only genetic.

Dx with Fibromyalgia 06/06/2013
KesinGateshead
UKFM Newbie

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am

There is research going on around the world - I wish they'd hurry up and decide where it comes from and how to get rid of it. I was diagnosed in 1993 and have thoroughly had enough. I am just coming out of my spring flare-up but my brain is still like a pudding and I cannot function as well as I would like.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 01, 2014 2:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum both KesinGateshead and Susan Stokes, if you havent already why not pop across to our 'Where to say hello' board and introduce yourself. There is loads of info on here but if you need to ask something a bit more specific then dont hesitate just start a post and we will do our best to help :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication