[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Does anyone take these???

Does anyone take these???

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone take these???

Postby chookie » Mon May 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Hello :-D

Does anyone on the forum take Glucosamine for their aches and pains and does it take the edge off for them at all? I went to see my chiropractor, as I do, every 4 weeks and he told me that he doesn't usually recommend 'pills' but as glucosamine has had incredible research done around it, he is confident that it is a good one to look at taking.

I have started to get achey and stiff hands/finger joints and my feet. I get up in the mornings and sometimes the pain in them starts after being on my feet for as little as 10 minutes... then I need to sit back down.
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone take these???

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 12, 2014 1:26 pm

I've jiffled you over onto here chookie with you asking about at treatment. It's a more suitable board and won't get as lost as quickly in amongst all the other topics.

The little I know about Glucosamine comes from my doglet needing to have it. From what I have found out, it helps lay down new layers of cartilage between between joints that are affected with something like arthritis, hip dysplacia etc, to help the joint move more effectively. As it takes time for new cartilage to be laid down, a loading program with a higher dose may be necessary at first for a period of time, with the dose then being dropped to the required/stated level once the loading program is finished.

I can't say if it helps with aches and pains or not, so would suggest talking to someone suitably qualified about what other ways it might be of help. I have heard of people being prescribed Glucosamine, so maybe your GP could be somewhere to start.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby chookie » Tue May 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks FP :-D
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed May 14, 2014 10:26 am

Same reply as Flup really my dog has it daily but I have never tried it
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby migrembe » Thu May 15, 2014 9:17 am

If you are eating a healthy diet you don't need any supplements so i would save your money and use it for a session with an acupuncturist or yoga/meditation. Beverley
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Libby Clark » Thu May 15, 2014 11:01 am

Hello folks,

Yes I take Glaucosamine and have done for a few years now, I have Chronic Degenerative Disc Disease as well as FM and I do find it helps me.

There have been times I have stopped because of surgery or finances and I can certainly notice a difference, I also take Condroitin and MSM with it as the three are supposed to be more effective when taken together.
Wait till Holland and Barrat have a sale and stock up , that's what I do.
Libby Clark
UKFM Member

Postby LameBadger » Thu May 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Like Libby, I have taken them for years. I have FM. I find that they really help, but they can take months to have a marked effect. I would recommend them whole heartedly. I notice the difference if I dont take them. I get them sent to me by a company called Simply Supplements. (Google them ) I find them cheaper than anyone else and the service is very good, as is the quality of their product. Never mind anyone telling you can get everything from a balance diet. If that were true most of us would be bouncing around like 5 year olds. It works for me and Libby.
LameBadger
UKFM Newbie

Postby chookie » Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Thank you everyone :-D
chookie
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication