[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - i need some help

i need some help

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

i need some help

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu May 15, 2014 10:54 am

I just got diagnosed 5 months ago with fibromyalgia and iv been getting support witch I need coz I feel a mess
But iv been going to my doctors every other week begging them to help but they keep saying I'm to young to be put on prescribed painkillers
I have tried every single painkiller over the counter nothing works nothing helps numb the pain iv tried creams gels pads everything.
I got to the docs pour my heart out and they do nothing. Iv changed doctors 6 times they just font believe me .
I feel like I'm going insane all I do is cry coz I'm in that much pain .
My family couldn't care less about me so they don't help but my mates understand witch is Gd.
But I just don't understand y after 5 months of begging for help by my docs they won't.
Has anyone else had the same problem I feel so alone frustrated . I used to be so happy
now I feel like this condition is a life sentence .
:(
Maxi
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Re: i need some help

Postby hoysey » Thu May 15, 2014 10:57 am

Sounds like you don't need to change Doctors, you need to change the Surgery.
hoysey
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 am

Oh sorry wasn't clear iv changed surgeries twice and seen 6 different docs in that time
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Thu May 15, 2014 11:19 am

Hi sorry to hear that you are not getting any help how about asking about the pain clinic see if you can get a referral to there and hopefully that will help
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:23 am

Perhaps you could ask for a referral to a rheumatologist. My rheumatologist is the one that prescribes me the strong painkiller tramadol. I also use ibuprofen when I need to. How old are you? Are you sleeping ok? How much do you move around? I was giving a low dose antidepressant to get me to sleep. I am still stiff and sore in the morning but once. I start moving, I feel much better.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu May 15, 2014 11:28 am

Iv seen my rheumatologist few times and he just don't want to no me
He did nothing to support me . Iv asked to be referred to pain clinic
They say oh no that wouldn't benefit u iv done my research iv asked for everything
And I keep getting shot down
They no that my rheumatologist has diagnosed me but none of the doctors in my town seen to understand
Old young middle aged doctors none understand
I feel like I have to put my self in hospital to get listened to
to be taken seriously it's not right
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu May 15, 2014 11:32 am

I'm 21 and sleep terribly like 3hs a night
and I got for walks everyday and feel even worse for it
Everything I do causes me more pain I feel useless
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu May 15, 2014 11:38 am

SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu May 15, 2014 11:48 am

My ruhmatolagist diagnosed me this is exactly what his said
Maxine after every test scan Uv had we finally no what's wrong ( he looked so pleased)
U have fibromyalgia here's a leaflet I don't want to see u for a year good luck
Bye
I complained that's not what ur ment to do I sure
Just feel like doing something stupid to actually get listened to
But I won't I'm to scared of doing anything Coz everything I do causes me more pain
I just want to not be in pain for my birthday in 2 weeks
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu May 15, 2014 11:52 am

My rheumatologist signed me off back to my GP after confirming the GP's initial diagnosis ( 2 consultations, an X-ray and some more blood tests with the rheumatologist). I'd also already seen a neurologist and a physio by then who also agreed on FM. Rheumy offered to sign me up for a pain clinic but since it was a 6 week course during the day I said no as I was just starting a new job. I've managed since without anything from GP or any other physician. I suspect what you are experiencing is actually quite normal for the NHS.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby maxinevalentina » Thu May 15, 2014 11:58 am

Iv done everything to get help to be understood
I just want to feel normal for one day .
I don't want this taking over my life and I feel like it is
I dont no what to do anymore feel lost
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 pm

A lot of people seem to blame the poor nhs. I have said it before and will again, the nhs has been brilliant for me and my family. They've always been quick with appointments and quick diagnosis. I've been using it a lot since last year, my daughter has used it since she was 4 and twelve now and both my parents are currently using it. None of us can fault it. I am sorry that you're suffering the way you are Maxine. I don't know what else to suggest. It is difficult when you feel that you arent being heard. I don't see my rheumatologist very often, every six months and see a special nurse inbetween those appointments. They have been fantastic.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Thu May 15, 2014 12:54 pm

SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu May 15, 2014 1:31 pm

I am very sorry that you believe your Dr is being mean to you, but pills are not the answer. What you could do with is someone to talk to, and i know you have come onto the forum for support and we do try to help each other but try and find a support group in your area so you can talk to others face to face.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication