[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Baclofen

Baclofen

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Baclofen

Postby amarkwell67 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Just been prescribed baclofen and Tens and advice on either?
Thanks
amarkwell67
UKFM Newbie

Re: Baclofen

Postby zoomie » Wed May 28, 2014 1:27 pm

What help do you want hon? I take baclofen daily and I'm very often attached to my tens machine, I find the latter invaluable x
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 28, 2014 3:59 pm

I've not tried Baclofen so far, so no help from me wrt it I'm afraid. Like zoomie tho, Mr TENsy is my invaluable BFF. He doesn't take away all the hurtys, but definitely helps make things more manageable, which in turn helps keep me that bit more active and mobile.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jackaddict » Wed May 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Baclofen helped me for about a week but made my bladder weakness 10 times worse. I've stopped using it and my doctor has put me on Gabapentin. It's only been a few days but so far things seem ok.
jackaddict
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Sat May 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Really Jackaddict? I wonder if that's why I'm have more incontinence issues?! Thank you for that, will mention it to my Dr next week xx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:09 am

HI guys and gals have just been put on Baclofen as have tried Tramadol and Codeine and none of them seemed to work but am still on 2700 Gabapentin a day and 3000 Paracetamol a day with 75mg amitriptyline at night. It does have to be true that Baclofen will help with muscle spasms but time will tell I guess but what I have lost out on is additional pain relief as pegabantin interacts with gabapentin so not sure what to suggest to GP. My GP is really good with my medication and we talk about possibilities and other meds I could try but as he says now there are only a limited number for fibro and I am on them.
If anyone has any suggestions I will mention it to him on my next visit.

Have tried
Tramadol (twice)
codeine phosphate

both with Gabapentin and Paracetamol
and Tramadol with Paracetamol
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication