Magnesium

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Magnesium

Postby Gilly52 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Just lately I have been reading a lot about Magnesium, and how a lot of fibromyalgia sufferers can be deficient in this mineral. It can apparently help a lot with cramp and muscle spasms, and it is available in both tablet and spray form.

Has anyone on here tried magnesium successfully ?

I wish you all a reasonable weekend :-) X
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Re: Magnesium

Postby zoomie » Sat May 31, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Gilly, I take magnesium and Vit D in tablet form, I also get Vit B12 injections, I did try the mag oil, but it really irritated my skin. I find the combination of the three I take really helps, also Epsom salts (magnesium) are fabulous to ease RLS if you can manage to get into a bath (needs to be as hot as you can handle) xx
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi Zoomie and Lisa

Thank you both for your reply and information. Sadly had to take my bath out last year, was having problems getting in and out, so now just have a shower, but I think I will get some Epsom Salts for my foot spa.

I also am low in Vit.D, GP gave me Calcium & Vit.D combined, which for me did not work well, the calcium interacted with my thyroxine and left me feeling very sick most of the day, but I think I will try Vit D capsules on their own, hopefully have better luck this way. The sunshine Vitamin, well it's June 2moro and we have not seen that much sun yet, so taking the capsules seems the only option!!!

I will do a little more reading on magnesium to get the right one and give it a go.

Goodnight to you both X :sleep:
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby Cher » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm

I've been taking magnesium fir a few weeks now , they have eased the leg spasms , although I still have restless legs but not as bad x
Cher
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication