[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Acupuncture

Acupuncture

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Acupuncture

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Had my first session today. Had to go private as like a lot of pain clinics the waiting list is so long.
Well so far I think I feel some benefit (and I am a sceptic ) although my head is quite woozy.
Am keeping fingers crossed it will at least help a bit.
Have another appointment next week. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: Acupuncture

Postby carolad » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:42 pm

I find acupuncture really helpful! I've had it from an NHS physio, Chinese practitioner and now my private physio does it (amongst other things). I have absolutely no idea why sticking needles in you should reduce pain...but it does! Sometimes though, you feel worse for a day or two afterwards, so don't worry if you don't feel so good tomorrow...it will pass :) x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:54 pm

I found it really gud for pain and migraines. I was refered by my gp and got it free on nhs :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:48 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it works for you :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:00 am

Well morning update. Much less stiff and sore when I got up. Tender points easier and so are arms legs and hips.. Neck, ears and head little change. But after one session am well pleased. Think I can manage a :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: today.
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:37 am

Great news!
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby walterdog » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:57 am

Just wanted to share my experience with you of acupuncture. I have been having fortnightly treatments since last october when I was diagnosed with fibro. I decided not to take the medicine route as always have side effects and opt for a holistic route partly as I am a reiki therapist too. My acupuncturist treats my inflammation and hip pain and can work on different areas dependent on my needs. I often feel worse after a treatment for a couple of days while my body comes into balance, but this is normal. I have found it works for me and is gently and gradually moving my health forward. I also sleep better after a treatment.
walterdog
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:08 pm

I had a number of acupuncture sessions while under Pain Management/Clinic and found it amazing. It didn't help with pain levels for me, but was superb for my IBS. After the 3rd session I was having to alter waist sizes and move buttons on skirts and trousers as they were barely staying up due to the reduction in how bloated I was :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: As bloating reduced, there was an easing in the tautness I felt across my lower back. My IBS was the most settled, least troublesome it had been for years.

I'm still looking for a local practioner. We have a few around us, the ones I have tried to contact tho haven't got back to me, even tho I've made a number of attempts.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication