[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Baclofen

Baclofen

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Baclofen

Postby Gromit » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to let you all know I started taking Baclofen about a month ago and since starting it my pain has reduced significantly. It's a muscle relaxant, that's often used for the treatment of M.S. I suggested it to my Dr after having good results with Diazepam during a flare. The Dr said I couldn't stay on the Diazepam, so I went home and did some research. It's cut my pain levels hugely. I'm still taking all my pain meds but before I was really struggling. Was in huge amounts of pain and had no energy at all. Now I am a lot less in pain and I am even starting to get some stamina back. I know not one thing helps everyone but if you have never tried Baclofen before it might be worth giving it a go. I've been amazed the difference and thought it might be able to help someone else too. Gentle hugs all xox
Love from Grom :) xxx
Gromit
UKFM Member

Re: Baclofen

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi I have just started taking it can I ask what pain medication your on I was on Gabapentin and Tramadol also tried Codeine these both were with Paracetamol which am still taking and am trying Pregablin Also have Amitriptyline which has been upped to 75mg at night.
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby Gromit » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi, I take Fluxotine, Tramadol and Oxytontin as well. These medications though we're not working very well and I'd had to increase my dose of Oxy. It's back down to 20mg x2 per day. I've never taken Gabapentin but I was on Pregablin for a while and that didn't help me at all and actually made me worse xoxox
Gromit
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Good to hear you have found something to help and thanks for letting everyone know it just might help others, you never can tell :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Corinnekj » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks for that info. I take Gabapentin and Tramadol and Amytryptiline also top up with co-codomol 30mg when needed which is whenever I want to do any activity. My energy levels are at zero though and have been resorting to pro plus to help me. Off to docs Thursday for review so might mention this to see if a change will do me good x
Corinnekj
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:02 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Gromit » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Thank you GO. I didn't know that. If I start getting worse again I'll speak to the Dr about trying it xox
Gromit
UKFM Member

Postby AliDM » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:35 am

Pregabalin is the metabolised version of Gabapentin and is often tolerated better however it's still under UK license and therefore is expensive. The weight gain can also be great.

Fr me it was fantastic for the pain - best drug in 12 years but the weight gain of six stone in twelve months was too much, has taken me nearly nine months to slowly come off of it as withdrawal symptoms were rough!

I took it alongside a concoction of: butrans patches, dihydracoedine, naproxen, nefopam, nortryptaline, paracetamol, diazepam and Diclofenic gel. Also take propranolol which helped with the stress of the illness too. Like the 7 day patches as no peaks and troughs in drugs.

Have previously tried baclofen, diclofen tablets, Gabapentin, amatryptalin, tramodol but had a variety of severe side effects or unable to tolerate. I think it's just a case of trial and error along with a determined and patient doctor!
AliDM
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication