[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Sleep Aid

Sleep Aid

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep Aid

Postby Beth1012 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello All

Felt I had to share my experiences of trying to resolve the all too illusive sleep issue! :snore1:

I've tried pretty much everything, from prescription meds to anything herbal available in the UK. :sleep: And nothing provided a sustained solution................UNTIL

A friend of mine sent me a link to an American site, Pro Health: http://www.prohealth.com

The Americans seem to be way ahead of UK in terms of research into Fibro and natural supplements.

I started on their 'Fibro Sleep' and have been amazed at the result for me. It's stopped the constant wake up roll over cycles that plagued me for years. I still have chronic fatigue but my quality of sleep is sooooooo much better. :lol:

We all know that not everything works for everyone, but knowledge is power!

Things to be aware of though, because supplements come from America delivery may be delayed by customs & there may be import duty to pay. For me though, I'd rather do herbal & although not necessarily cheap, to sleep is worth every single penny!

Love & Light to all x x :grouphug:
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep Aid

Postby Lindilou » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:19 pm

I just buy Valerian from Holland and Barrett. No postage or shipment or customs to go through from overseas.
Lindilou

Postby Beth1012 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:27 pm

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:16 am

Lindilou

Postby Garyl » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:45 pm

I have found the Glade lavender plug in works well for me, i have been having success with this now for a few months lavender is known to aid sleep and have to say i found it is working for me.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 pm

It's good to hear that each of you has found something that is making a difference to your :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: Sharing such discoveries is always very welcome and could be of help to others with similar problems.

With the likes of Valerian, Nytol, and other non~prescription sleep aids, do check about potential interactions with other meds/remedies you may be taking, be they prescribed or OTC, just to be sure. And when buying products online, do all you can to ensure that the seller/retailer is a reputable one that stocks genuine items. Whilst t'interweb can be an amazing resource, it also has its dark side where the scroats, scutters and other undesirables like to peddle their dodgy wares and bottles of snake oil.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby coltaz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:24 pm

beth, you can get it in this country i think. try:
http://www.yourhealthbasket.co.uk/index ... etail&p=40
coltaz
UKFM Newbie

Postby Beth1012 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:16 pm

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Postby Jo90 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:59 pm

I spotted this post and thought 'I must try this', my quality of sleep is so poor and has been for years. I've managed to find it on Amazon and I've paid £41.99 inc postage for 180 capsules. Fingers crossed this works!
Jo90
UKFM Member

Postby Beth1012 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Beth1012
UKFM Member

Postby Jo90 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:09 am

Thanks Beth,

I've just read my email confirming my order and it's actually 'fibro freedom' I've ordered but it's the same make and says it will help with all symptoms, including sleep x
Jo90
UKFM Member

Postby MJD » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi - just to say that I find one of the ingredients in these tablets very useful - melatonin - I order it from biocare and it has really helped my sleep.
MJD
UKFM Newbie

Postby ouchisme » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:01 pm

i just had a quick look then nearly had heart attack at the prices!! To me thats a lot of £ but i suppose if you find something that works it doesn't matter. I take amptripline and have been for many yrs. Takes a long time for them to kick in and still have big problems with the "S" word

what with moving about and waking up cos it hurts, back spasms and never mind the trips to the toilet :roll: night times are not my best time

i have valerian and found that it does kinda help (i did chat with doctor first, didn't want to risk it) but maybe i should think about all things that may help with the different aspects of my ouchies

i shall watch this thread, with interest
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication