[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Useful fibro med review site

Useful fibro med review site

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Useful fibro med review site

Postby cocobella » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:51 am

Hi All,

I found this useful site after doing a search on baclofen use for fibromyalgia. http://www.fibromyalgia-reviews.com/

I was quite astonished at all the user reviews of each type of drugs. The NHS favourites are also in there "Duloxetine (Cymbalta) rating a 2/10" and "Pregabalin rating approx 5/10" with other drugs such as oxycontin etc rating 8/10!!! I am astonished that with ratings so low my GP still has me on Duloxetine and I have to take Dyproect (Paracetamol/Codiene) on top of this, which has horrid side effects.

What are all you guys on? and what have you found the best so far?

Coco x
cocobella
UKFM Member

Re: Useful fibro med review site

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:40 am

Looking at the site, with the names used for some meds, it would suggest that the reviews may from a number of different countries. With a site like this, the thing to bear in mind is that these reviews are based on the responses of those who have participated. If a survey were to be carried out on a global scale, the results could be somewhat different, esp as we know all too well how something that benefits one may not do so for another.

It's certainly an interesting read tho, having a something along the lines of a graphical representation definitely makes it far easier to see which approach seems to be the most effective. Typically, the one that seems to help the most has to be the illegal one :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ali170 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi, I have had FM for over 25 years, been on co-didrymol ,distalgesic(now banned) paracetamol, amytriptiylene, gabapentin, tramadol, the last 3 gave me terrible side effects so stopped taking them. Then went onto codeine and dicofenic, which helped a bit and enabled me to work. My Doctor said I couldn't carry on with the diclofenic as it increased risk of heart attack and stroke after 60 years of age, I am now 62. So I'm left with just codeine which I can tolerate OK but still in a lot of pain with terrible fatigue and low mood. I try to keep active and eat healthily but some days it just floors me. I buy over the counter Voltoral for flare ups, but sometimes I have to go to bed and rest. Nothing makes any difference really. I get so sick and tired of feeling like this , I had to give up work and feel my life just passing me by trying to deal with it all. I live alone with my little dog, and she is a great source of comfort as when it all gets too much I just cuddle her and cry. She seems to understand and sits quietly with me, or lays on the bed with me. We've got to keep hoping that one day they will find something to help us. Love to you all and stay strong. x
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi Ali and :welcome: to the forum quite a lot of us share our hearts with furry friends and I'm sure they understand very well :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sukara » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Please be aware I clicked the link and AVG blocked it and removed threat :- Exploit Blackhat SEO (type 1703)
sukara
UKFM Newbie

Postby sukara » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Further details from AVG
This link on fibromyalgia-reviews.com is unsafe for browsing
http://www.fibromyalgia-reviews.com/
1 active threats have been detected on this link

Blackhat SEO (type 1703)
Navigation on this site is not recommended.
2 compromised pages have been found on fibromyalgia-reviews.com
sukara
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication