[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - big day today....stop the tramadol and start tapentadol :-/

big day today....stop the tramadol and start tapentadol :-/

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

big day today....stop the tramadol and start tapentadol :-/

Postby emmafifema » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:45 am

I am absolutely dreading the next 24 hours, I have been taken off of Tramacet (took my last tonight) and at 7am I start Tapentadol slow release.

I basically take a hell of a lot of meds every 6 hours and oramorph inbetween 4 times a day. Now the Tapentadol is every 12 hours! And they have started me on the lowest 50mg dose.

I am so scared of the pain being horrendously bad! I really am dreading this :'(
emmafifema
UKFM Newbie

Re: big day today....stop the tramadol and start tapentadol

Postby denys » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:59 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: :goodluck2: things will improve for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mel2babiesbenson » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:29 am

Aww bless you try and stay positive the more tense and stressed you are well the vicious circle starts eh..If only I could listen to my own advice lol...hopefully this path is good to be an amazing starting point for you to be able manage your pain. I will certainly keep u in my prayers for a smooth and painless transition hun xx
Mel2babiesbenson
UKFM Newbie

Postby Debs1967 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:18 am

You're in my thoughts

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :goodluck2: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Debs1967
UKFM Member

Postby concernedmum » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:11 pm

My husband has had severe back/leg pain and was on Tramadol for 3 years, had operations on both legs and spine, took Morphine as well & even had spinal injections but nothing worked! We were referred back to Pain management and he got prescribed Tapentadol 50mg twice a day, this was increased 4 weeks later to 100mg twice a day and he says he has never had so much pain relief as he gets from these :-D So I would give them a go because I call them my husband's "miracle tablets" :-) I should mention he doesn't have fibro but my son does and I have had him referred to Pain management in the hope he will get these to help him as well.

Good luck, I hope they help you. Please let me know how you get on with them.
concernedmum
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:24 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: Emma. Hopefully things won't be quite as horrendous as you're thinking :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I'll be interested in reading any updates you post, be they good, bad or ugly, as I'm almost at a point where there isn't much else I can add to the mix to try and get some relief, and am wondering if this might be something to ask my GP about.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby concernedmum » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:14 pm

concernedmum
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:03 pm

From reading a little about it, I thought it would be a consultant that needed to prescribe it. My GP is pretty knowledgeable about FM, so is a decent point of reference for finding out about different things.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby MichelleJ » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:47 pm

I am on tapentadol and I call it a miracle drug too. Been so much better since being on it. Get no real side effects from it, the worst bit was withdraweral from the ones I came off. These were fine getting onto. My dose has been built up to max now. So I take 100 mg morning and night slow release. Then I have 50mg norm release ones too which I take morning and night and usually in the afternoon too then a spare dose for in the night if I need it. But ATM I not needing my mid day one so only take both morning and night. I did find that I needed normal release too after I'd been on them a few months but now the 2 types combined work really well for me.

I was prescribed by a consultant.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication