Nortriptyling and Sweating

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nortriptyling and Sweating

Postby Debs1967 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Dear all

I started these a few weeks ago, I don't tolerate tricyclic anti D's very well at all, but my Doc says these have less side effects.
Nothing on improving my pain as yet, but I have started to sweat a lot more.

Question = Has anyone else had this problem and does it fad with time ?

Only on a very low dose(20mg) as I have problems metabolising medicines, due to liver problems
Debs1967
UKFM Member

Re: Nortriptyling and Sweating

Postby Carphil » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:20 pm

I'm on them too and sweat like crazy. Not sure it's to do with the medication though. Xxx
Carphil
UKFM Member

Postby Maryanne » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:37 pm

I am on Amitriptyline 50mg, I am sweating on and off day and night. It has gradually got worse over the last few months, I am post menopausal and have been off HRT for over 3 years. I am currently awaiting blood test results for thyroid function and inflammation due to other issues. Not sure if it's the fibro or the amitriptyline and to make matters worse my GP is on holiday for the next few weeks :roll:
Maryanne
UKFM Member

Postby suzieorangecat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm in the process of coming off Nortriptaline, doctor and chemist seem to think it can be bad. Though neither have said it causes sweating. I sweat buckets and get quite embarrassed when I'm at work always mopping my face. Even when I'm cold I still sweat. I had no idea that it was the drug doing that, I always thought it was diabetes or menopause. I'll let you know if it makes a difference not taking Nortriptaline.
suzieorangecat
UKFM Newbie

Postby Debs1967 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Thanks everyone for your help
Debs1967
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication