[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Guaifenesin protocol

Guaifenesin protocol

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Guaifenesin protocol

Postby gibbo82 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:08 am

I'm just wondering if anyone has benefited from taking guaifenesin? I've ordered the book "what your dr may not tell you about fibromyalgia" and thinking a bout following his protocol.

I can relate to dr R Paul st amand theory as my fibro symptoms feel like there's something lingering within my muscles, as soon as I do any sort of exercise my muscles being to burn & become heavy within seconds, same as when I stretch, my muscles become painful & go into spasm. It feels as though my muscles are seizing up! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Guaifenesin protocol

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:24 am

This pops up now and again, if you use the Search function box in the top right corner of each page, it will bring up references to it from previous posts and topics.

Like most FM~related treatments, opinions as to whether it helps are somewhat divided, with there being just as much info around for following the protocol, as there is for not following it.

When you get the book, and with any other material you come across, try to keep your mind as open as you can when reading about the protocol. The main source of Guaifenesin, according to a number of info sources, tends to be cough and cold meds/treatments. From what I can hazily recall about the this, to reach the Guaifenesin amounts needed for the protocol to be followed effectively, means that an awful lot of these meds/treatments need to be taken, which, with other active components that they can contain, can bring about other problems for some.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Guaifenesin protocol

Postby migrembe » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:42 am

http://www.fmnetnews.com/coping-resourc ... /product-6

Found this if it's useful.

My daughter did chronic pain and treatments as part of her psychology dissertation and found that there is no cure for FMS, however those that can pay for alternative treatments; acupuncture, meditation, massage, etc did better than those who went the traditional route of medication, physio and counselling.

She put it down to the fact that individual people were taking control of their condition rather than waiting for a Dr to cure them.

Personally it is waste of money. Why would a cough syrup help FMS?
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication