Pain rehab 'referral'

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain rehab 'referral'

Postby mary251 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm so upset with my GP right now. I've been waiting 4 months for my referral for pain rehabilitation at my local ortho hospital, and it turns out my GP hasn't even made it as it's now done under the choose and book service. I only found this out when I called them up to see what waiting times were like, and they told me they'd written to him informing him of the correct procedure. I've seen him countless times since I thought this referral had been sent, and he said nothing. I cried for hours when I found out because I'd had to give up work due to the physical and mental stress, and I can't help but feeling that I could have kept working for longer if he had spent two minutes doing this referral properly. Now I'm not working, I'm trying to claim a blue badge, ESA and PIP, and going to need his support in those claims. If he can't even do a simple choose and book referral, how can I rely on his support with those? I can barely walk any more, and am having almost constant flare ups with the stress of it all. I know my fibro isn't his fault, but surely he understands that stress makes it worse?

I'm seeing him next week for a routine med check (yay :-? ) and a sick note for the blue badge (not holding out much hope for that) so I'll have a little word with him about it then and get him to do it while I'm there. :hit1: :hit1: :hit1:
Sometimes, there is simply not enough chocolate in the world...
mary251
UKFM Member

Re: Pain rehab 'referral'

Postby Susan Stokes » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Love the little heads with hammers (forgot what they're called), perhaps you ought to take in one of those toy hammers to get your point across. Good luck.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication