[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - meds revew

meds revew

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

meds revew

Postby robbiecramp » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:50 pm

My GP is really good with me and I am due to be discharged by physio and occy therapist but my meds have gone up so now I take
2x500mg 3 times a day paracetamol
2x50mg 3 times a day tramadol
3x300mg 3 times a day gabapentin
1x10mg 3 times a day baclofen
1 daily fultium Vit D supplement

4x25mg at night amitriptyline

They are knocking me out but I know one tramadol without baclofen had no effect.

what can I do
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Re: meds revew

Postby mommyt5 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:32 am

hi robbiecramp
i to have had my meds changed, was on 2x60mg dihydrocodeine plus all other meds now i am on
2x200mg tramadol
2x500mg naproxen
3x10mg butylbromide
1x20mg omeprazole
1x10mg lisinopri
6x10mg/500mg co-dydramol
1x20mg furosemide
3x25mg amitriptyline
feel like my day is taken up by meds some days,it gets me down some days but know have to cope with it
mommyt5
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:47 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mags3pets » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:34 pm

I take;
Adalat
Arcoxia
Co-codamol
Diazepam
Galfer
Hydroxychloroquine
Lanzoporol
Peptac
Pizotifen
Prothydine
Sumatriptan
Tramadol
Ursodeoxycholic acid
Zolpidem
Plus inhalers, eyedrops + ointment, mouth spray and pastles. Traxam dor rubbingvon joints.
Think that's all. I take 34 tablets / day.

Not sure what I did here looked like some of it disappeared and so I re-typed it. Apologies if its repeated. :-)
Plus: Seretide and Salbutamol inhalers. Manadol, Viscotears and lubricat for me dry eyes. Mouth soray and pastles for dry mouth.
mags3pets
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Over the years I have been on a variety of medications for fibro. I have used tens, physio as well as had trigger point injections and blocks.

I found that the side effects from a lot of these drugs actually seemed to either increase my symptoms or mimic them. I asked the Dr to wean me off them.

I have quite a few conditions that I need treatment for and those meds have nothing to do with the fibro. We have found 2 meds that make my life more tolerable in regards to the fibro. For the last 8 years I have been on the same dose of 150 mg of wellbutrin daily as well as 150 mcg per hour of Fentanyl, delivered by patches. Now on occasion I do need something for breakthrough pain.

I do realize that we are all not the same and we deal with pain and fibro symptoms differently, however, in my opinion I think that some of the meds we can be prescribed can make us feel drowsy and have extra pain etc due to side effects. I feel if we could eliminate some meds we might actually feel somewhat better.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 pm

I agree with Whoami as sometimes we get meds added onto the top of other meds and we end up taking so many pills we rattle, having a decent review can sometimes eliminate a few without reducing pain relief and thus reducing side effects and in some cases a bit of the fog. So its always worth having a check through with your doc every now and again :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby robbiecramp » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:58 am

Thanks guys for your replies Fluffypuppy you are right in terms of tramadol and paracetamol being taken up to 4 times a day unfortunately you cant if there is a 3 hour gap between your last dose at night till you take amitriptyline as tramadol and amitriptyline do not mix GP did not tell me he prescribed them as 4 times a day it was the pharmacist who pointed it out

I try and batch them out like 8am,12.30-1pm and 5-6pm night time ones about 10pm

Then will sleep till 7 but feel like been asleep an hour as am back after lunch
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

meds revew

Postby Lyssie » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:57 pm

I take:

Fentanyl Patches 25mcg/h change ever 72 hours...

Pregabalin 200mg X3

Aripiprazole 20mg X1

Baclofen 10mg X3

Solifenacin 10mg X1

Dicycloverine 20mg PRN up to X3

Cerazette

Verapamil 120mg X1

Ferrous Fumarate 210mg X2

Mebeverine 135mg X3

Paracetamol 1000mg X4

I find myself actually quite good with med side effects. I must be super lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication