[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The Illusive Magic Medication Combo!

The Illusive Magic Medication Combo!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Illusive Magic Medication Combo!

Postby Beth1012 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Hello All :wave:

Just wondering what sort of medication combo's others have found to be helpful??

Have tried Pregabalin with Amitriptyline & Clonazepam, not massively helpful

Am now on Duloxetine & Clonazepam & Pain Management Consultant suggested today I put back a low dose of Pregab..... :roll:

As well as Fibro I have chronic spinal problems, metal plates / cage / screws at L4 / L5 having had disc removed.

Difficult to know how many symptoms are due to spine and what is Fibro. Medics tend to attribute every single symptom to one or the other despite me telling them it's a mixture of both :-?

Just want to get back / knee / ankle / hip pain more manageable because my mobility right now is totally shocking :yikes:

Anyway would love to hear your experiences, I'm so grateful for this forum, I know I'm not alone and going crazy :-)

Love & Light to you all

fairy_dust

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Re: The Illusive Magic Medication Combo!

Postby bluekingfisher » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Beth, love the emoticons btw :)
I take Pregabelin (the one that really did it for me), tramadol and amitriptyline. Trouble is it's hard to know what helps what when you take this sort of cocktail. Hope they get it right for you soon. Hugs x
bluekingfisher
UKFM Newbie

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm on gabapentin for pain, not allowed any opiate based pain relief because of migraines.
Have tried amitriptyline but didn't work for me.

Any non opiate suggestions greatly appreciated :)
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby sleepingbeauty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:57 pm

hello ! trial and error i say to be honest on amitriptyline 20mg at night take one tramadol 50mg in the morning and co-codamol during the day if i need to, deffo feel mornings r the worst but u need to keep the pain controlled, constant battle with pain and fatigue try to take as little as possible this works for me ! :-)
sleepingbeauty
UKFM Newbie

Postby robbiecramp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:04 pm

I tried pregabalin to many side effects for a week came off them now on
2x500mg Paracetamol 3 times a day
2x50mg Tramadol 3 times a day
1x10mg Baclofen 3 times a day
3x300mg Gabapentin 3 times a day
4x25mg Amitriptyline at night
1 Fultilium Vit D supplement once a day

works better than other combos but still have pain but it more manageable although still struggle doing anything and spend all night asleep and most of afternoon but still never a good sleep wake up knackered

have anyone else thought can't win
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby Lisa_mulholland » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi Beth

I'm on that much Meds besides the fibro I have migraines,epilepsy, Nash and a few other things going on. I take maxitram morning and night and top that up with co codamol,diclofenic,methocarbomal,tramadol that's just pain relief. I also take keppra,Mitazipine,vitamin D and a few others. but have to keep changing about Meds depending on what's playing up the most if I get stressed as I am at the minute my TMD plays up and the migraines get worse.

What works for one won't always be good for another.
The one thing that I have found that helps is Botox injections into the muscle but it's hard to get them regularly.

Lisa ask about oxygen therapy for your migraines.! :-D
Lisa_mulholland
UKFM Newbie

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:29 pm

—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby sleepingbeauty » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:24 pm

hi lisa , just read ur on methocarbomal , gp put me on these few weeks ago but i struggle to take them , feel drugged when i do cant afford to feel like this as i have to work every day , do u find them ok ??? i know they r a muscle relaxant but cant afford to feel spaced out !!
sleepingbeauty
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication