Working Health Services.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Working Health Services.

Postby Diane64 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi all.

After a couple of horrible weeks of sciatica and yet more tablets to take, I have been really struggling, I decided to self refer myself to the N.H.S working health services, a service that is provided for workers of any organisation that has under 250 employees.

After a telephone call to self refer whereby you give them all your details of ill health etc I received a return call for an over the phone interview, through this I have been referred for a private physiotherapist and getting a recommendation for referral to a pain management clinic. they will also be visiting my workplace to see if there is anything in regards to better desk chairs, aids etc that they can advise on.

Hopefully once get everything established It might make me more able to go to work without thinking of taking time off because I am struggling with it all. And hopefully also get my meds looked at by the pain clinic as hate having to take the amount I do..

Just letting you know that Im positive this service is nationwide for a lot of people and doesn't need a G.P referral as can refer yourself.

Di.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Re: Working Health Services.

Postby lolabolla » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Thank you, that's invaluable information for those who still manage to work.

I sadly had to take medical retirement :cry:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication