Naproxen/Omeprazole

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Naproxen/Omeprazole

Postby madchickenlady » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:51 pm

I take Omeprazole and Naproxen, my gp told me that Naproxen is gentler on the stomach than Ibuprofen and that's why she gave it me, the Omeprazole was prescribed because I get really bad heartburn which I had before starting on the Naproxen. I take Omeprazole once a day in the morning and Naproxen twice a day after food along with Codiene Phosphate
madchickenlady
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Naproxen has done bog all for me tbh, I'm hoping the rheumo (this week) will be able to come up with an alternative. I have IBS-D and amitriptyline/nortriptlyine made me very (very) constipated, I've been on naproxen for about 6 weeks and am finally getting back to (my version of!) normal, so it doesn't appear to have affected me in that way if that makes sense. But we are all different... :mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby rubes » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:15 pm

No probs here with Omeprazole :)
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:35 am

Based on my experience I think Naproxen is one of the most ineffective pain killers out there. It may have less stomach side-effects than Iburprofen but it doesn't work as well (not that iburprofen works well anyway). Utter garbage, I would rate plain Paracetamol as stronger and at least with that you don't need to take additional pills to protect the stomach.

Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory so I don't even understand why the prescribe it for fibromyalgia when fibromyalgia is not known to be an inflammatory disease.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication