[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Has anyone tried Actipatch yet??

Has anyone tried Actipatch yet??

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has anyone tried Actipatch yet??

Postby ladybeck66 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Just a quicky, has anyone tried the actipatch yet. If so how did you get on with it??
ladybeck66
UKFM Newbie

Re: Has anyone tried Actipatch yet??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Is this that you're asking about??? This is the first time I've come across it, so not much help for what you are asking I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It looks interesting, somewhat TENs~like. Something about it suggests it could be worn under clothing quite discreetly.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Yeah it looks like a disposable tens machine, interesting. Which reminds me I need new electrodes for mine
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby charlotteerika » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:49 pm

I applied for the sample but I have not used it as I want to save it when I have a really bad time with a flare up. But I have not had a flare up in months after going on 5-HTP tablets! I have read really good testimonials though.

Note: it is NOT a TENS machine, see explanations below:
http://www.actipatch.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ActiPatch?ref=br_tf
charlotteerika
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm aware that it is very different to a TENs machine, I was simply using TENs as an analogy to describe how it appears to me.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tally1068 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Just sent off for my sample. Oh that it would work. :-D
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm not disputing that it works but they bang on about clinical trials, when you click thru it turns out to be a survey of 250 patients. Now to my mind that's not a proper clinical trial it's just testing it on patients.

When they said clinical trials I thought they meant double blind trials with patients with dummy units and good units and pain diaries kept etc so to my mind that seems a little misleading. Also smacks of the old thing of wearing magnets.

But maybe I'm just cynical, if anyone finds something that works, go for it!

I've paid the £2 for a trial so will review it in due course....
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:53 am

I bought one for my husband. He has had a rotator cuff injury in his shoulder which I know from experience can take a long time to sort naturally. He's also had a cortisone injection too. Seems you need to use it for several hours at a time, on a daily basis for any long term help. It doesn't work like a Tens machine which tricks the brain into not feeling pain signals because the nerves can feel it tingling.

It supposedly works by stimulating the underlying blood supply and tissues to heal, along the lines of a when a physio uses ultrasound waves to reduce swelling in joints etc. So don't think it will help much in a pain flare.

He's hasn't used it consistently yet for any length of time so the jury isn't in yet on whether it's helped him yet. He said it does cause a very mild tingling feeling which let's him know it's on. They cost around £20, so worth a try, the one we got from Boots seemed to come with a bigger supply of stickers than if bought from AMazon.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Shurdygirl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:30 pm

How do you get a free sample guys?? X
Shurdygirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:30 pm

rich44
UKFM Member

Postby thelump » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 pm

I have. Ive used it on my shoulder blade and on my knee. It works. It took the pain from my knee completely after wearing it for about an hour and the pain i get from my shoulder is unbearable and this reduced it to a level that was comfortable. I could move my arm easily and I havent been able to do that for about 2 or 3 years. So i will be having a regular supply of them in the house.
thelump
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication