[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Anyone tried copper bracelets?

Anyone tried copper bracelets?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone tried copper bracelets?

Postby davidomz » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi everyone, has anyone tried copper magnetic bracelets, do they help?
An advert popped up on my fb about them as treatment for restless leg syndrome, wondered if they are worth trying.
Any feedback would be much appreciated?
Thank you
Dx
davidomz
UKFM Newbie

Re: Anyone tried copper bracelets?

Postby fmfm2013 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi D
I use copper bracelets on my wrists and a neck coller with magnets .
They do give me relief of pain when I am really sore or I get swelling , bloating and pain .
A basic copper bracelet usually costs about £5. Which isn't too expensive to give it a try .
I don't know about restless legs though sorry, but hope my reply is useful .
:)
fmfm2013
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:53 pm

This is something that pops up now and again, and like most things for FM, for some they can make a difference, whereas for others there is absolutely no change in how they feel. I can recall various older members of my family pretty much swearing by their copper jewellery, but when I tried one, all it did was turn my skin green

With what fmfm2013 has said, there isn't an awful lot to be lost in trying a basic one out, and who~nose what benefits could be gained. Do be wary of ones promising to cure everything incl the common cold tho. Quite often they will have a price tag attached to them that's as large as the list of promises they claim will be cured by buying their product, and their product alone.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby caramia » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 pm

hi I too suffer from restless legs and pain in legs especially when tired. I have found taking a magnesium supplement helps though at bedtime. I used to take quinine but didn't find it helpful. Though I will also sometimes take tonic water through the night as there is quinine in that.
caramia
UKFM Member

Postby crazy cat lady » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:57 pm

My GP prescribed Premipaxole for restless legs & arms, it works really well...never tried copper bracelet as I,m allergic to it.
crazy cat lady
UKFM Member

Postby dejay » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:37 am

I have tried copper bracelets and also a magnetic bracelet, did not feel any difference, but i still wear the magnetic bracelet because it looks nice! A friend of mine found the copper one a big help with her ostio arthritis, So i think its something you have to try,The copper ones are fairly cheap but the magnetic ones are a bit more exspensive, now i am back to the question just how much money do we spend on things that we hope will help?? lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby tkenny » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:56 pm

I use the magnetic bracelets and necklace. I paid a bit more for bigger sized magnets which seem ok. They are nice looking as well but necklace is heavy due to the bigger magnets. I think each of us will try anything that might help ease any pain. :)
tkenny
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication