meds not working

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

meds not working

Postby shelby1975 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 pm

I haven't posted since June, I am now taking 3300mg gabapentin and 100mg sertraline. I'm swinging from being unable to sleep to sleeping all day. Either way I'm constantly exhausted. I'm now using crutches as my legs give way and I've not even been able to swim for the last 6 weeks :( . I am attempting to go back to work after being off for 3 months and have serious concerns as my speech and thought process is really awful. I can't afford to cut y hours and work part time benefits wouldn't be enough to cover the loss. I've never been more depressed fibro really sucks!!!!!!
Shelby :)
shelby1975
UKFM Member

Re: meds not working

Postby iblinkin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Hi Shelby1975, wow! That sounds horrible, sorry you are going thru this. Here's a link for you and others to look over for your legs.https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/141090 ... 5112576044
Good luck!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby kayhealey » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:47 am

Dear Shelby,

I am so sorry about all this. It's a lot for one person to bear. I don't know enough to offer suggestions, but I can offer to do is to pray for you, that you feel better, that you can walk without crutches, that you will be able to handle working full-time (for the benefits), the speech and thought process problems and the depression that comes with all those challenges. Are you ok with that? Is there anything else you would like me to pray for?

I'm wondering if you are comfortable with your meds and feel they are helping. I would guess not with the big swing in your sleeping. Have you been back to your dr. to maybe try something else? I am familiar with the gabapentin but not the other one. I will look it up, though. There's got to be a combination of drugs that would help stabilize your sleeping. It's pretty hard to keep a job when you either haven't slept the night before or can't get up to go to work! I really think you should talk to your dr. about the meds you are on, the problems they are causing and see if you can't get better drugs or a better dr.

I feel so bad for you. It's no wonder you are depressed. I wish there was something I could do to help. I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there,

socaligal
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Postby shelby1975 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Drs decided to switch to pregabalin. will start withdrawal of current meds in 2 weeks. Will just have t keep fingers crossed x
Shelby :)
shelby1975
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication