[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA'S)

Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA'S)

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA'S)

Postby gibbo82 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Does anyone take either tyrosine or branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) leucine, isoleucine and valine for fibromyalgia?

I've found several medical journals that indicated those tested with fibromyalgia have deficiencies in these amino acids.

I've heard stories of people coping much better when taking bcaa's.

What are Bcaa's

Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) help decrease exercise-induced muscle damage, increase muscle recovery, and regulate protein synthesis. They may also reduce fatigue. 

BCAAs refer to a group of essential amino acids, including leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Though amino acids are the building blocks of protein, your body can’t produce them, so they must be consumed as part of your daily diet. 

Thoughts?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA'S)

Postby kayhealey » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:39 pm

I was just reading about that a few minutes ago!!! Makes sense to.me. I seriously want to get off most of my drugs and go.to supplements and vitamins. Where did you see it?
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:02 am

gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby kayhealey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 pm

My brain is not working well enough to comprehend all that today. I will read again later. I am reading a book called Treating and Beating Fibromyalgia and the author Murphree mentioned it.
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication