[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - medicines with high blood pressure

medicines with high blood pressure

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

medicines with high blood pressure

Postby happychicken » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:30 am

Hello

I have been on meds various but cannot handle the side effects.

I am taking paracetamol for pain.

I am taking blood pressure meds, bp now controlled.

I take levothyroxine for underactive thyroid and partial thyroidectomy.

I suffer with palpatations and recently wore amonitor for a week but showed palpations but nothing else.

I have days where i do stuff but really suffer when i do and days when i cant manage a thing.

Im under ear,nose throat for tinnitus, loss of hearing a faint spells, i dont pass outbut have sit/lie down as i feel like im falling, i waiting for next appointment.

I have 4 kids and have help from hubby and family to get by.

What meds can i try? And what help is there for someone.

I dont want to take anything that will make me a zombie or anxious.

All advice will be appreciated anyone else the same.

Regards xxxx
happychicken
UKFM Member

Re: medicines with high blood pressure

Postby denys » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:08 pm

I think you need to talk to your GP, we arent qualified to say what meds you could try that wont interact with your current medications

If you cant get in to see your doc quickly, then there is always your local pharmacist who will be able to help with medication available over the counter

Hope you find something to help soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: medicines with high blood pressure

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:11 pm

It's not really possible for us to say which meds you could try as we all react/respond so differently to each one. The best advice I can come up with is for you to go and talk to your GP about what might be suitable to add to your current cocktail.

This has some info about the types of meds used in managing FM, so maybe have a bit of a looky, find out a little more about some of them. You could also make some notes about the symptoms and problems that you're finding the most troublesome to deal with and then see what your GP has to suggest about suitability for you.

A good number of them do come with initial side effects, such as drowsiness, but these do tend to start easing back after a while for most people. And if anything does linger around, there are ways to try and manage them so that they aren't always right at the front of everything else.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication