[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Adult Social care?

Adult Social care?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Adult Social care?

Postby Flippy22 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Has anyone had any involvment with adult social services? I have been refered, not sure by whom and they are coming out today. What will it involve?
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Re: Adult Social care?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Who was it that referred you to them???

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flippy22 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:33 pm

I haven't a clue? I did refer myself some time ago and then cancelled, so may be that or another referal, not sure.
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm only guessing at this Flippy, so may be somewhat wide of the mark, so here goes....well something.....

Presumably you're finding that some activities/actions/functions are difficult for you to start/do/complete to the point where you feel that some additional help could be of some benefit to you. So, based on either someone referring you, or the self referral you made {your cancellation request could have gone AWOL somewhere along the way} Adult Social Care will be coming to see just how these various issues affect you with the view to trying to provide you with aids etc that could help make things a little easier for you.

You could always contact them to see what the purpose of the visit is, which might help you feel a little more comfortable about the visit.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mary251 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:00 pm

I referred myself to them as well, and, thus far, I have found them really helpful. They've arranged the loan of equipment for me (bath rails, a frame to go around the toilet, a perching stool to lean on when I'm cooking, and a few other bits) and they're also making sure my partner and son have enough support. In an emergency, if my partner gets rushed into hospital or has to go away suddenly, they will also make sure I have emergency carers come in to help. They have been really good to me and my family so far, and I cannot fault them :)

Today will probably just be a 'getting to know you' session. You'll discuss what help you need, and how you think they can help you. They might assess your ability to cope in your home, and see what adaptations they may be able to help you with. It will focus on the care you require, and how they can support you and your family or any unpaid carers you may have.

I hope you have as positive an experience with them as I have! Let us know how you get on.
Sometimes, there is simply not enough chocolate in the world...
mary251
UKFM Member

Postby Hannah24 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi,

I've being trying to get help from social services for ages. They have been horrid! They have messed my husband and I around and are doing everything possible to hold onto the pennies. We are currently fighting them and are very close to going down the complaints procedure. Everywhere we turn there is no-one to help as all the organisations we find online or locally only signpost.

The latest is that they have decided that I am low level (which was only announced after pushing them time and time again by email/phone) despite being given higest rate PIPs for mobility and care. I know it isn't based on PIPS but if they can recognise we need help then why can't a service that is meant to be there soley to support us.

I'm sorry to rant on but I am infuriated by social services.

I hope that they offer you some support if you need it and want it. I woudn't worry about why they are coming out...if it is anything like what I've had to deal with, it is probably just some incompetent mess up on there behalf where they have forgotton to take you off there sysytem.

Good Luck
Hannah x
Hannah24
UKFM Member

Postby JFCH91 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:37 pm

I rang and referred myself a couple of weeks ago. I have an assessment on Wednesday to look at bathing/showerin/toileting at a clinic. It says it's under Occupational Therapy. They said someone else would be in touch regarding an assessment and help with care and other things at home, haven't heard from anyone yet though.
JFCH91
UKFM Newbie

Postby Paisleyjane » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi, i was referred to SS, this was when i first had trouble getting showered and washing my hair. Had I wanted they offered assistance daily but not just once or twice a week. Which seems crazy to me. I can't do anything the day I shower and wash my hair. My son dries my hair and then I need to rest.
I too have perching chair and stool for shower. I am now in the process of getting carers who used to work for SS. They will come once a week. Ask locally who neighbours recommend.
If it makes life easier go for it. Xx
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby Flippy22 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm getting grab rails fitted. I have to ask mu Doctor to refer me fpr a wheelchair. Anyone know how to go about it?
Flippy22
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication