Lyrica.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lyrica.

Postby scottydog » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:24 am

Hi all
I have increased my Lyrica and starting Physio\Hydrotherapy tomorrow.

I have FMS and CFS and I think the 300 mg is helping the pain and the stiffness in my muscles but is not helping the 'bone' pain. Does the CFS cause joint pain or is it still caused by the Fibro?

Still waiting on news of the referral to the Persistent Pain Clinic.

It has been such a long week and have been comfort eating. Feel fat and horrible now but all the bad foods are gone now. Just need to make sure hubby doesn't buy anything naughty when he goes shopping!! Probably a combination of bad weather and the clocks going back!

Still waiting to feel ready to go back to bed to try and sleep - hate bedtime!

:sleep:
scottydog
UKFM Member

Re: Lyrica.

Postby Polaris » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:25 am

Fibromyalgia does not cause pain in the joints. It is a condition affecting muscle. Joint pain is most probably caused by another condition. Most people with Fibromyalgia have accompanying conditions.
Polaris
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:15 am

Sorry polaris, I think you'll find that a great deal of people myself included suffer joint pain.
I have chronic.pain in my knees, elbows and knuckles mainly.
Everyone has different symptoms! Fibro is very complex and individual.
Lisa
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:35 am

I get terrible joint pain (knees, hips, ankles, wrists, elbows, back - is back a joint? :-o ) anyway yes lots of joint pain. and like you Lisa I've also had pain in my knuckles, it's a more recent thing. my fingers are a bit swollen too :-?

but I don't know if the joint pain is necessarily fibro, I'm wondering if it's more to do with my hypermobility.

(or in the case of my back, falling off a horse many years ago... :shock: )
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Lisalou » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:34 am

Dazzleship, I too, put my back pain down to falling off a horse yrs ago (too many to think about) but I dont think its that, I think it's just the fibro. I was having physio at 10years of age on my knees and that was the start of the many years of various and continuing pain issues.
My knuckles get so painful I cant open bottles I cant open or infact close my fist properly.
The list could go on for ages. But I wont :-)
So... joint pain does go hand in hand with fibro for some!!!
Lisalou
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you all for your replies. It seems fibro is unique to everyone. I am still on 300 mg and now that I am used to the dosage I will be in contact with GP shortly to see if I can increase the dosage due to continuing joint pain all over.

I have had a stressful week as work is in the process of getting rid of me (I am\was a civil servant). I have been refused Ill Health Retirement and am at stage 3 of appeal. I had a phone meeting yesterday, with CAPITA'S reps which lasted an hour. This is my pension provider for Civil Servants. I got the feeling they were trying to trip me up. They were very focused on me being referred to a Persistent Pain Team. I said I had been put into the ESA support group and don't need to look for work for 3 years. I expect they will refuse retirement on the basis that the Pain team may help me enough to return to work in 3 years time! I was put in the support group without an interview. Does anyone know if the info from the ESA assessment is passed to the PIP team for consideration?

If Ill Health Retirement is refused I will have to go to work for a dismissal meeting on 8 December then the PIP assessment on 10 December. All this is making me stressed and I am in more pain and very tired.

The positives I can find is at least the meetings and assessments will be over before Xmas. Just hope for a positive outcome from PIP as I have read some horror stories on here. ATOS are my assessors and I have been waiting since April this year!

Gentle hugs to you all x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication