a little worried

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

a little worried

Postby haywire » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi all, I've been to the docs today for a routine appt. We all know how the cold weather effects us and I was pretty much full of pain. The doc has given me some oxycodone to take when my daily painkillers are not enough (I think that is what is called breakthrough pain?) I did a quick google search after reading the leaflet, and it seems these pills are worse than heroin. I'm now torn, do I suffer and stay safe, or do I trust the doctor? I know that I get really paranoid with new meds, but it would seem justified in this case. Has anyone here taken this drug?
haywire
UKFM Member

Re: a little worried

Postby sieffon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 pm

I ended up on 120mg of oxy twice a day. My tolerance of it grew very quickly. Even at 120mg i still had pain.
The worst for me wasn't being on it, it was coming off of it.
My very best advise for you would be that if you do take it to make sure that you have professional help on top of your GP when you come off of it.
I don't want to scare you. To be honest even if i knew how bad it was coming off of such a high dose i still would have taken it.
Trust yourself to make the right decision for you x
sieffon
UKFM Newbie

Re: a little worried

Postby denys » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:35 am

It does seem to be a difficult drug to come off, I hope things go alright for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication