BuTrans Patches arent working Please help

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

BuTrans Patches arent working Please help

Postby E-Bunny » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:29 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have not been around for a bit, but the pain i am suffering is rapidly going down hill.. They told me that it never gets worse :cry:

I am now using BuTrans patches ( 20mg ) but they aren't working and the pain is worse than ever, especially through the nights and mornings :shock:

I was up all last night crying as a wave of pain continuously went up and down my legs for hours. I tried to walk it off, hoping that it would ease if i moved around a little. It just made things worse :cry:

I am now at work, and walking is painful , as the pain is now static in my thigh near the groin area, and it is making it really hard to walk.

I have also been suffering from pain in my knees. This has been going on for a while. If i am sat down, i will not get back up until i really REALLY need to.

I just don't get it, why are the patches not working :shock:

My other meds are :

Pregablin 300 X 2 per day
Amatryptaline 100mg @ night
Clobazam 10mg @ night
Lamictal 200mg X 2 per day
Sertraline 200mg @ night
Co-Codamol 30/500 as needed

Please help... Any advice would be great... The amount of pain i am in is increasing month by month, I cant take it any more.
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: BuTrans Patches arent working Please help

Postby divingforPearls » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi, what an awful time for you, I totally get it.
I have had this for 15 years and there have been plenty of pain free times. I know nothing about the patches you are using, but a lot about the pain and despair. I am currently in a flare up - so hence sitting at the computer on this great site! I don't know how you can manage your day, other than trying to take the edge off the pain with whatever does this for you, and resting as much as you can, but I do know that you are totally justified in your feelings, it is flippin' RUBBISH to have fibromyalgia. I also know that the worst WILL pass. It WILL. I have found Gentian Bach flower remedy good for relieving the despair. Perhaps book in for some massage / acupuncture / therapy of some sort? We all need help sometimes. I try and think of all the things I have to be thankful for. Also, go back to your doctor if all these medications are not working for you. Just get through the day as gently as you can, do only what you can. Don't worry about what you can't do, just focus on what you can...It's been LOVELY talking with you, how strong we all are to deal with this! Aargh!
divingforPearls
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication