[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - mirtazapine

mirtazapine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: mirtazapine

Postby annikins59 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

Hi
I have been on 30mgs of mirtazapine for about 2 years now, and being diabetic, need to control my weight. I have lost 20 kgs since Nov 2013, so weight gain on this medicine is not inevitable. Just keep on top of your slimming world regime, and you'll be fine.
annikins59
UKFM Newbie

Postby scottydog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi all

A quick update for you. Still sleeping better but slipped yesterday on the the healthy eating side of things. My hubby bought some chocolate for me and i couldn't resist. I know he has good intentions but I wish he wouldn't!!! Back on plan today with a slimming world cooked breakfast later, mushroom omelette for lunch, fruit in between and chicken for tea.

Re moods I don't feel so gloomy and when hubby upset me in the week I was able to shrug it off rather than cry and feel like it was the end of the world. Still keeping everything crossed!

Take care x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:07 pm

Sounds like some lovely steps heading towards something a little lighter and brighter xx Don't be too hard on yourself about the choccy, rather than a slip~up you could look at it as a norty little indulgence because every now and again we all need one of these O:)

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Oh I definitely agree with FP on the choccie front, when I was on WW I often had chocolate :mrgreen: And still managed to lose loads of weight! You sound like you're doing briliantly attempting SW during this time, it's so hard to cope with both I think.Your mood sounds much brighter too, long may it continue! :-D
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby scottydog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi all

I can't believe that I slept from around midnight until 0745! That's the best ever!

Woke up with a new symptom jaw ache that's a first. Does anyone else suffer from that?

Still being goodish re my healthy eating. It usually takes me a month to get into the swing of things.

Hope everyone has a relatively pain free day. I am venturing out today with my walker.

X
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:35 pm

I get really bad jaw ache, although it ties in with when I started to be very conscious of my teeth having been told I need fillings. So not sure if it's fibro or not, but tbh when stressed most of us clench our jaw anyway so it's possibly that.

Eta: meant to say, glad you slept!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:26 am

dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi all

Having to stop the Mirtazapine due to very swollen feet and ankles. Dr said to call back Monday to see my usual GP and see what he suggests. Shame because I was sleeping better and definitely less touchy and gloomy.

I haven't managed to lose weight because I haven't stuck to Slimming World but am eating more fruit, quorn and chicken. Which will make going onto to SW (when i am ready) easier.

Oh well lets hope the GP will find another AD that doesn't interract with all my other meds.

Gentle hugs x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:57 pm

What a bummer for you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Sometimes, when one med from a particular type/group doesn't suit, another one can so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: that the next one has the same benefits you had been experiencing without the unpleasantness and side effects fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scottydog » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Thanks fluppypuffy

He mentioned another one Zoloft but i guess it depends on what my usual GP thinks. I would like one that does not put on weight tho as i am very heavy at the mo! And STILL can't find my willpower. When i can't sleep I put on Breaking Bad box set and toast a gluten free bagel topped with either jam or peanut butter. Not good because i can't get into my size 14 skirts. Still it was a great excuse to get hubby to take me to M&S to buy some casual gear!

Anyone doing anything for Valentines? We don't celebrate it but it was a good excuse to pick up M&S's meal deal! Eating in comfort at home is so much better especially as i can't use cutlery very well. I can't cut food and getting it to my mouth is tricky due to my poorly shoulders and puffy fingers!

X
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:11 pm

We were contemplating going out tonight rather than on Valentines night, but plans have been changed as I have a pawly doglet who has just had surgery to replace a ruptured cruciate ligament. As she's not eaten and is really groggy still, leaving her, even for an hour or so, isn't a good idea at the moment.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scottydog » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi

Aw paw doggy. Totally understand you not wanting to leave her. Hope she is on the mend soon. I lost a budgie and wasn't going to get another one but the one left was so sad, he just sat on the peg staring at the floor refusing to eat, so we now have a playmate called Buzz. We have Woody and Buzz who live with me in my bedroom as i spend most of my time there!

I didn't sleep well but my feet and ankles are not swollen anymore so looks like it was the Mirtazapine. I managed to leave the house and get some fresh air. Resting now whilst OH is cooking tea.

Take care and gentle hugs

X
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:47 pm

☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi all

Have picked up the Sertraline but reluctant to start them because of the listed side effects and they also are a lot stronger dosage than the Mirtazapine.

Has anyone had any major problems on D
Sertraline?
x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:42 pm

☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication