Herbal creams and massage balms

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Herbal creams and massage balms

Postby scottydog » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi all

Has anyone tried the following

Rhus Tox cream by Nelson
Arnicare bath and massage balm by Nelsons?

I like the arnica cooling gel but it is sooo expensive for a 30mg tube! Not sure if it is the massage part of applying it that helps but the grapefruit in it is lovely. I also use arnica gel by Simply Beautiful collection which i apply each night which also helps.

I bought Rhus Tox cream and Arnicare balm today & was wondering if anyone had had any success with them?

Ta muchly x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Re: Herbal creams and massage balms

Postby ixel-chick » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Sorry, cannot give any advise here... I've never tried them.

But I had to google Rhus Tox - I thought that sounded awfully posh... and it's from poision ivy! :lol:
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:52 am

Hi

I didn't realise that it was from poison ivy!

To test it out i used the cream on one knee and the balm on the other. The pain returned first on the knee that i used the balm on. So i rubbed both knees with the cream twice over the course of the evening and it seemed to help over night.

My main pain is a worn right shoulder and intend to try it out on that today. Nothing, not even morphine patches, help it so i am very interested to see if this cream helps. My only gripe is that it is so expensive and a 30g tube won't go far!

Gentle hugs x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:29 pm

I believe the Nelson's products are homeopathic, in which case they will contain only small doses of whatever substance. I use SBC arnica gel and find it very helpful. Have you tried a physio for your shoulder? I suffered over 20 years with shoulder and neck pain and after a few visits to a physio the pain was gone.

Hope this helps.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi Susan

Have had physio, 2 surgeries and a nerve block. Was told too young for a replacement so left hanging in the wind.

X
scottydog
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication